[TROIS] you kept it from me

JEON JEONGGUK

taehyung.. he mentioned my friends, and i sort of just stood there. he stared at me for a long time and i blushed but the bus came. i left him because i didn't know what to do, and he was almost late.

when he chased after the school bus, he managed to get on and get a seat but he chose someone else. i raised my hand up a bit but it was lowkey. like really... lowkey. at least i was trying to be nice. it's not like i join my friends in tormenting him and bullying him. i'm not getting myself into that shit, especially when i have a future ahead of me.

i plan to major in law and become a prosecuter, just like my grandfather. he ruled my dad's murder case and my dad won. he was framed and luckily there was evidence to prove he didn't do it. as a five year old, i didn't know what was going on and i just clapped. i smiled at the memory and looked down.

taehyung sat with jimin, who sat in front of my seat. surprisingly, they were pretty loud and i could hear them talking.

"so.. what's your favorite color?" taehyung asked. color?

i tried to stifle my reaction but i couldn't hold it in and laughed so hard that i couldn't breathe. jimin stood up and turned around to look down at me.

"kid, i don't know who you are but please be quiet. there's people trying to make friends here, unlike your lonely ass." jimin said proudly, sitting back down with a thump.

my jaw dropped and i put my hands on the top of their seat and raised myself up.

"who do you think you are?" i asked, crossing my arms. i looked down to see taehyung frozen, looking straight ahead of him, breathing uneven with his hands sweating.

my heart ached a bit but i didn't even know. i felt bad and i let go of the seat.

"jimin please, don't say anything." taehyung pulled on his arm, tugging him to go back down.

jimin gave me glare and he sighed, looking at taehyung.

"are you okay?" i heard him ask taehyung as i sat back down. i pushed myself up against the seat and dragged my back down, letting out an exaggerated breath.

i'm such an asshole.

during lunch time, i looked around trying to find my table

during lunch time, i looked around trying to find my table. i found it once hoseok was waving back and forth standing on the table. i laughed it off and walked there, sitting down once i reached it. i did my handshake with hoseok and smiled, knowing that i still remembered.

"so back to what we were saying," yoongi spoke, breaking the minute of silence, but got cut off by namjoon.

"wait, jeongguk is here."

my eyebrows furrowed and i was about to speak until hoseok said, "it's nothing."

"yeah. well, you see that fat kid right there?" yoongi asked, pointing to a direction behind me. i turned around and saw taehyung eating his hamburger alone.

"where?"

yoongi chuckled. "you don't see him? impossible."

my mouth opened and i whispered a faint, "oh."

that was what he was talking about. guilt spread across my face and i gulped. i looked at taehyung and he was just.. there. alone at his lunch table, a book right next to him and his earbuds plugged into his ears.

"how pathetic," yoongi laughed.

namjoon joined in and chuckled. "we should-"

i cut him off. i was angry inside for the way they were treating him. "no, don't do anything. at least not today. l-leave him alone."

hoseok raised his eyebrows. i turned around to them and saw their mouths open and shocked. "who's side are you on?"

"no ones! i mean, yours. i just feel bad for him. leave him and let him be.. pathetic. don't waste your time on him, okay?" i said. in the inside i was scared of what they would say. for some reason i felt like siding with taehyung and not my friends. it just hurt me that they never told me that they were doing this to him.

namjoon let out a dry laugh and placed his hand on his stomach. "you feel bad? he should feel bad for his own damn self. we're just making it easier for him to lose weight. right, yoongi? we're helping him."

and that right there, was why i knew they didn't tell me.

because they knew i'd have a soft side for taehyung. and i know they will keep hurting him.

and i know that i can't do anything to stop it.