[SIX] why did you?

KIM TAEHYUNG

i ran back home. it was the first time i ran so fast, and i surprised myself. i needed to get away from all the humiliation and how much i couldn't breathe. as i ran up the stairs into my room, i jumped on my bed and cried my heart out. i was shocked that he had the nerve to say that. i felt like screaming in that donut shop, really. i wanted to push him and yell at him how much i hated him for saying that. for how much he hurt me. he just laughed. they both did.

before meeting him, i was breaking apart. but after meeting him, i was torn into pieces.

i suddenly heard messages being delivered to my phone as it rang. i sniffled and rubbed my eyes, grabbing my phone out my pocket and seeing who texted me.

 i sniffled and rubbed my eyes, grabbing my phone out my pocket and seeing who texted me

i stopped crying and replied to him. he was the only person there for me and who really cared, so i had to repay him in some way.

kim taehyung
im at home

kim taehyung
please come here

kim taehyung
613 spring day rd

kim taehyung
i can't stop crying

park jimin
i'm coming

park jimin
don't cry, i'm here

park jimin
SHIT I ALMOST DIED OK I GTG IM DRIVNF

i giggled and turned off my cellphone. i patiently waited for him to come and i knew it would be okay because it was just five o' clock and my mom and dad come home from work at nine. still, i couldn't believe what jeongguk did today. what scared me more is how i'll face him on monday at school.

time passed by and it was already twenty minutes since jimin said he would be coming. he didn't get in a car accident did he? my thoughts were interrupted by a doorbell and multiple knocks on the door. i raced downstairs in anticipation and opened the door, but i only faced disappointment.

"what are you doing here?" i said with a straight face, but i furrowed my eyebrows. "i never told you where i lived."

"taehyung.. w-we're neighbors. i live three houses down, and that's why we both have the same bus stop. it's just that you've never noticed me because we've never been alone until a few days ago, and my house is really secluded." jeongguk said softly.

i sighed and looked down. "jeongguk.. please leave. jimin is coming-"

"him again?" he cut me off, rolling his eyes.

i crossed my arms. "what's your problem? you act like we're friends."

"we are!" he argued.

i laughed, "friends? you humiliated me in front of my fucking bully and in public. do you know how much trauma you caused me? to think that i thought you were nice makes me sick. leave before jimin comes and does something you'll regret."

jeongguk stayed still. he walked into the house and closed the door. "what's jimin gonna do?"

he walked closer to me and i stepped back. "i tried so hard to he friends with you, and you should know. i even told hoseok to back off and leave you alone. you're just someone i met, but these are the people i've known forever."

"and what if they're not the people you want!" i yelled. "w-what if you need other people like me and jimin? they're so mean, how could you like them? how could you befriend them knowing they torture me and make me feel like shit? how could you be friends with them realizing all the shit they put me in? you put me in? i'm.. i'm done, jeongguk. i tried to be friends with you too, but maybe your clique matters more than someone who's ready to kill themselves because of them."

jeongguk swallowed. i saw tears brim in his eyes and my hands were shaking as my lips trembled. i look down and release a loud breath.

"i'm sorry i wasn't enough for you to do something that could save my life, jeongguk."