[DOOZ] you changed

KIM TAEHYUNG

i laid down on my bed and slept in silence. correction, tried. i couldn't take a nap at all knowing that i was going to have dinner with jeongguk and his parents in two hours. i didn't even prepare any clothes, because my mom didn't know. she bought me a couple blazers and dress shirts a few months ago but i didn't know what to choose.

i got up from my bed and i dialed jimin. he had an okay sense of fashion but i had an even worse case.

a couple rings later and then i saw his face in front of mine, but from a phone.

"hey cutie," he smiled.

i blushed and looked down. "jimin~ i don't know what to wear. i'm meeting jeongguk after two months and his parents! i don-"

"hold up," jimin said, "jeongguk? and his parents? why are you meeting with him?"

he was pretty angry about it and i could see his white knuckles. i gasped and shook my head, bringing the phone up so he could see my face.

"baby no, you've got it all wrong. i haven't seen him in two months. he's my friend!" i said in a soft voice.

"better be just a friend.." he said, looking up. i laughed and nodded.

"don't worry, i only have eyes on you." i smirked.

he grinned and blushed. "yeah, yeah. so what do you have in your closet?"

 so what do you have in your closet?"

THIRD PERSON

kim taehyung stood with good posture as he knocked on the jeon family's frontdoor, a double door made from stone and gold handles

kim taehyung stood with good posture as he knocked on the jeon family's frontdoor, a double door made from stone and gold handles. he could just tell by the house that his father was a CEO or some sort. in his hands he held flowers for jeongguk's mom.

the door then opened, and what stood before him was a tall figure but no taller than himself, a muscular and brawny teenager who smelled like aftershave and axe spray. a smile crept up on taehyung's lips as he saw jeongguk.

but it wasn't the jeongguk he wanted to see.

instead, he saw the raven-haired boy instead of the light brown hair he used to love. instead of pink and red lips he saw maroon eyeshadow under his eyes.

something has changed.

"welcome.. i guess. you can sit in any of the seats and well, make yourself at home." jeongguk said monotonous with a straight face.

a cough was unheard in the background and jeongguk rolled his eyes. "oh— and welcome back, taehyung. i.. missed you."

both of their hearts broke at that last sentence. jeongguk looked away and brought his hand up to his nose. "c-come inside."

taehyung walked standing before him and closed the door, his mouth agape as he walked through the house. frames of stones and gems that were from all over the world hung above the door, and so did family pictures. taehyung smiled at one particular picture of jeongguk when he was little, pouting as he held the baseball bat over his shoulder.

"aha, you're so cute." taehyung accidentally blurted out loud.

jeongguk turned around and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "what?"

"no i meant the picture," taehyung laughed. "it's nice to see you again! i missed you so much and we have so much to catch up on! me and-"

jeongguk was quick to interuppt. "taehyung i don't know if you noticed yet, but i'm not interested. i didn't invite you— my mom did. i even told her i didn't want to see you but she insisted that i did. do you realize how shitty my life is now because of you?"

taehyung froze in place and he felt it getting hotter. his palms sweated and he breathed slowly. "i.. i'm sorry, jeongguk. i don't know where i went wrong-"

"everything!" he protested. "i told you that i loved you and you loved him instead!"

taehyung's blood boiled. he clenched his fist and released it after knowing that he probably looked stupid and pathetic. "you left me! you blocked my number and i sent you so many texts! this is your fault jeongguk," he cried, "not mine. don't even blame jimin because none of it was on him. if you really love me then just let me go. i'm tired jeongguk, all i wanted to do is see you after such a long period of time— but the first thing you want to do is fight. i tried to tell you that i was for someone else, not you."

jeongguk's heart ached. his eyes itched and he felt like he couldn't breathe. he wanted the walls to swallow him whole so he wouldn't have to face taehyung ever again.

"i swear to god taehyung, after this dinner, don't speak to me ever again."