[QUINZE] history repeats

THIRD PERSON

the blinding sunlight flashed into both of the teenage boys's eyes, and they immediately squinted their eyes simultaneously. both had their different morning routines but they ended up at the same school, same class. this time it had been different because they weren't friends, a mere acquaintance. they ignored each other, but taehyung noticed something different in jeongguk he didn't recognize a few weeks ago at the almost 'dinner'.

since they were in senior year now, their uniforms changed and they were almost.. men. jeongguk looked fit in the uniform and it ached taehyung's heart to see him with girls drooling over him.

maybe if i was his, they would stop.

jeongguk tried pushing them away and tell them he's not interested but they ignored him and invaded his privacy. taehyung would be lying if he said he didn't look hot, because he looked sexy as hell in that uniform. he might even be mistakened as a kpop star with that body and makeup of his.

in the library, taehyung was finding a book of korea's popular dishes for a home ec project, but he got distracted as he heard jimin and a girl giggling while reading a book.

he glanced at them as his heart broke instantly, and sighed. "you've changed, hyung. i miss you."

what got his attention was when right next to him, girls and boys kept bugging into jeongguk's table and asked for his number. taehyung hugged his books and looked at the poor boy being annoyed by sophomores and freshmen.

"oppa!"

"hyung!"

"daddy!"

jeongguk sighed and slammed his hand on the table. "i'm not interested in any of you! i have my eye out for someone else!" he yelled, before getting shushed by the librarian. he rolled his eyes and flipped his book.

"i'm trying to read! now leave me alone or i'm explaining this to the headmaster." jeongguk finally reached his breaking point.

taehyung gave a sad smile and walked away. he skipped slightly throughout the walkways and shelves of books, and he didn't mind that people were looking at him. but he stopped when he bumped into a rock-hard figure that caused him to fall.

"watch where you're going, taehyung." a cold voice said, and walked over him.

he looked up and saw the familiar face disappear into the rows of shelves. jeongguk swallowed for being so mean but that's how he'd lose his feelings for the boy. he thought that taehyung would be better with jimin, but he knew nothing of what happened between them.

taehyung let out a loud breath and frowned. "i miss you too jeongguk-ah. please come back," he whispered the last part.

he picked himself back up and realized what happened.

history repeats.

here taehyung lied on the floor, pushed by a popular jock and athlete— jeongguk, though he wasn't a football (a/n: when i say football i mean soccer) player anymore. and taehyung looked up to find the familiar face gone.

just like old times.