(8) Sex And Candy

Sex And Candy

Chapter 8

The next day I decided that I had to get on with my life. I couldn’t stay at home and hide forever. I had agreed not ignore Daniel and I won’t, hopefully he will stick to his agreement and stop stalking me.

 I headed to the mall to do some shopping and then headed over to Kelly’s house. She was happy to see me and we spent the day rest of the day at her house, watching movies and trying to get back to how things used to be. She was definitely doing better but I knew that what happened will take her a long time to deal with.

We were having such a good time that I almost forgot about Daniel, that is until my phone rang.  I had programmed his name onto it and when it popped up on my screen my heart sank in my chest. I didn’t’ really want to speak to him in front of Kelly but ignoring his phone call would probably be a bad idea.

I answered and hoped that I could get away with asking him to phone me later. He agreed to it but Kelly was still full of questions. I didn’t want to tell her about Daniel. I didn’t want to tell anybody about him because I wouldn’t know what to say. Our relationship, if you can call it that, was anything but normal.

“It’s just a guy that I met at the party, we’ve been talking every now and again,” I said, hating bringing up the party. I knew I shouldn’t have said it as soon as the words left my mouth but it was too late. The expression on her face changed and then she started crying. Telling me how stupid she was and that I shouldn’t be talking to anybody that was at that party. I agreed that I would stop, although I knew I couldn’t.

Once she was fine I headed back home. Her freaking out had put me on edge again and I needed to calm down.  I did some homework when I got home and then laid down on my bed, waiting for Daniel to phone. I didn’t have to wait too long. I answered the phone after the third ring, feeling prepared and much more at ease to talk to him while I was alone. I had no idea in what direction the conversation would go. He wanted to see me but I said no. He had agreed to my terms after all and I wasn’t ignoring him. I could tell that he wasn’t too happy about it but he didn’t complain, I guess he was happy that I was actually talking to him.

He asked a lot of questions, personal questions about school and about my interests, things I wasn’t sure I really wanted to share with him. I answered as best I could, not wanting to seem mean but not wanting him to know everything there is to know about me.

“My turn,” I finally said, having had enough of trying to come up with believable answers.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea,” He replied.

“It’s only fair, if you get to ask me questions, I get to ask you question.” I stated.

“I know but nothing you say will scare me off. I don’t think you can say the same so I think it is better if you get to know me before I tell you everything there is to know about me,” he replied, causing me to freak out all over again. Can he really be that bad? I wondered although I knew the answer.

“Okay,” I agreed, not wanting to upset him, all I wanted to do was end the phone call so that I could think. It wasn’t that easy though, he kept on talking for a few more minutes before he agreed to say goodbye.