(14) Sex And Candy

Sex And Candy

Chapter 14

I had no idea what to say or do and the way Daniel was watching me wasn't really helping. His intense eyes haven't left me once and I was really starting to feel slightly overwhelmed. Since he came into my life nothing has been quite the same. I don't like change, I don't like not knowing what is going to happen next and I really don't like not being in control of a situation.

"Candy," Daniel said, his voice soft but still demanding my immediate attention. I looked up from the small plate in front of me and right into those hypnotizing eyes of his. My mind was swirling and the fork I was holding slipped from my hand.

"Are you okay?" he asked, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Yeah, I just… I need some air," I replied causing Daniel to chuckle and my face to turn a soft pink. Why do I keep on saying such stupid thing? It’s like I can't even think straight when I am around him.

"I mean… There is enough air since we are outside. I… I need some space to think about things. I feel so lost when I am around you," I said, feeling like a complete idiot. I know I shouldn't be hanging around anywhere near him but I just can't seem to stay away. He is so intriguing but at the same time he is terrifying and intimidating and on top of that, Kelly’s words kept playing over and over in my head.

Is it possible that she is right and that Daniel really only wants one thing from me? If it is, wouldn't he have tried something by now? I had no idea but I could feel myself freaking out.

"Come on," Daniel said as he got up from where he was sitting, interrupting the whirlwind of thoughts that was racing through my mind

He held out his hand to me and I placed my shaking one in his, allowing him to gently pull me to my feet. I wanted to ask him where we were going but I couldn't get myself to speak as he led me across the deck and onto the soft sand.

"Hold on a second," he said as he let go of my hand and bent down, taking off his shoes and socks before straightening himself again and reclaiming my hand.

The mere touch of his hand was driving me insane. I have never felt this way before and I honestly had no idea what to do. My mind was telling me to run as fast as I can. To tell my parents what is going on and to beg them for help. But something else was telling me to do the complete opposite, to hold on to his hand as tight as possible and to allow myself to fall for this man.

Daniel led me to the edge of the beach where the water met the sand and I couldn't help but giggle as a small wave broke over our feet, wetting the bottom of our jeans.

The water felt cold against my hot skin but I didn't care. I couldn't get myself to look away from Daniel. His lips were turned up into the most gorgeous smile and I found myself even more intrigued by him. He looked so carefree in that moment, walking barefoot on the beach and getting his clothes wet is not something I expected from him.

"There are so many things I don't know about you," I found myself saying, wishing that I knew all his secrets so that I could understand him better.

"Then ask," he replied as he slowly led me across the beach that stretched out in front of us as the calm water washed over our feet.

"You might not like my questions," I replied honestly, not wanting to upset him. I might be intrigued by him but I am also very afraid of him.

"Ask anyway," he replied with a smile, causing my heart to thump in my chest. There are so many questions that I need answers to and he was finally willing to give them to my. I was almost sure that I wasn't going to like them but it was a start. At least after this I will know what I've gotten myself into and maybe then I'll be able to think straight when it comes to him.