Cracks In Bad Places

"There's temptation....there's fear....light....tunnel.....fear....end it all....fear..." The strange voice buzzed around Tsuyoi's ear like static. She rubbed her ear with annoyance with one hand while reaching for the doorknob of her room with the other hand. She entered her room. It was dark, but she didn't need too much light for her to see. Her eyesight was sharp enough --nearly 20/20-- to see clearly in pitch black darkness.

She couldn't remember why she was mad at first. All she felt was the blood boiling beneath her skin. Her dairokkan glowed dully. She rubbed her hand down the opposite arm unconsciously. She had a thought—I want to kill Chizu—but she didn't know why. Something had happened.... downstairs...Naruto's broken nose...

It clicked then. Blood. Cherry cola. Stained clothes. Chizu was going to punish her for eating without her. 

She blinked. She was still remembering stuff quickly. Was her amnesia finally going away? But then she got angry all over again.

That's bull. She knows I warned Naruto about the maps. 

Tsuyoi took in a deep breath. If Chizu was going to punish her, might as well let her. There was nothing that could hurt her anymore...so she might as well just endure the pain, like she had always done. "She won't die...she'll never die...even if I...stab her eyes out...even if I burn out...her brain...with fire...she'll never die...voice in my head..." She mumbled to herself. Her brain swam through murky swamp water.

She crossed her room to a hand-carved wooden chest -- one of the only gifts she had ever received. She didn't remember who had given it to her, though. Inside it held her greatest treasures. On the very top was a small rough notebook she used to take notes in during Fukuo's lectures. She needed to know more about the possible prospect of having a yuimaru with Naruto before she told him. 

God knows what Chizu will do when she finds out, Tsuyoi thought, inwardly sighing. Then a thought hit her. 

What if she kills Naruto?

She froze. "Damn it." Knowing Chizu, the chances of that being her response seemed very likely. She tightened her grip on the book. She would just have to kill Chizu first. Simple as that. She wouldn't let Chizu hurt the shinobi for doing their job. She flipped through until she found what she was looking for. "I'll stab her...eyes out...freeze her blood and make...her shatter..."

Yuimarus, the page was titled. She scanned the page, still muttering to herself.

Yuimarus can be the side effect of performing naotteiru, or harmonious spirit healing. When wa is pressed into close contact with another's, they can mesh. If the reiki ratio during naotteiru is unbalanced, the person performing will have their wa "leaning" heavily on the other, which can cause even tighter mingling of the wa. If the wa of the two persons is compatible, that can also lead to the formation of a yuimaru. 

The few perfectly compatible yuimarus documented occurred mostly during the First Lioditan War, where lots of last-ditch attempts to help an injured comrade in the heat of battle also occurred. Among these occurances, two linked members of the yuimaru displayed signs of heightened emotional awareness of their partner. Some could hear each others' thoughts. Others could even move parts of the others' body. 

But during several instances, the two members' did not survive the war because the castor was killed. If the castor is killed, so it the linked partner. This is not the case the other way around.

Tsuyoi stared.

If the castor is killed, so it the linked partner. 

A shiver shot through her body, so violent she recoiled and the book fell onto the floor. Sparks in her brain flew, clearing away all the murk instantaneously; she put the pieces together almost instantaneously.