Chapter 16

{Jonathan}

Christine and I had swam around the pool before getting back the into the hot tub. Christine sat on my lap again and I held one of her hands. My phone rang from the edge of the hot tub. I let go of Christine's hand and picked it up. It was my mom.

"Hello?" I answered.

"I'm so sorry, hon, but I have to cancel dinner tonight," she told me. "Everything's fine, but with all the snow they shut down the highway and our street, and I want you to stay safe."

"It's okay, mom, we'll be there tomorrow," I replied, running my fingertips up and down Christine's side.

"I'm sorry, Jon," mom apologized again.

"It's all good, mom. I love you," I told her. I heard her laugh.

"I love you too, son," she replied. I hung up and set my phone back on the edge.

"Everything okay?" Christine asked me, turning her head to look at me.

"Yeah, change of plans," I said. "We're not going to my mom's tonight."

"So we can sit here longer?" Christine asked.

"Yep," I answered.

"Mmmm," Christine happily sighed, leaning back closer to me. I kissed her jaw where it met her neck and she gave an airy laugh. I kissed down her jawline until Christine turned her head and met her lips with mine.

She put her hands on my face and dug her fingertips into my hair. I loved it when she ran her fingers through my hair. Her touch alone could send chills down my spine. Her touch was gentle and soft.

She pulled away slowly and rested her head on my shoulder, her forehead pressed against my jaw. I wrapped my arms around her and gave her a squeeze.

I looked out the window and it was still snowing hard.

"This is seriously so relaxing," Christine commented. "But it's weird isn't it? Being all warm and cozy in here and watching snow fall."

I'd never thought of it that way. It was kind of weird. It was freezing and windy and snowy outside and I had a beautiful girl sitting on my lap, warm and happy.

The doors opened and a few girls came in wearing bikinis that really shouldn't even qualify as clothing. Unless you considered triangles barely covering body parts as clothing.

I felt Christine shift. I looked down at her. The group of girls giggled loudly. Christine looked up at them and looked back down. The girls jumped into the pool.

One of the girls' top fell off.

"Jesus Christ," Christine muttered angrily.

"If it helps I only looked for like, two seconds," I said. She laughed and smacked my chest.

"Remind me why I'm still dating you?" she said with a smirk.

"You can't live without me baby," I joked with a wink. Christine rolled her Weyes at me. There was a squeal from the group of girls but I didn't take my eyes off of Christine's.

"Can we get out of here?" she asked me with a laugh, tilting her head in the direction of the pool. I laughed.

"Yes, we can," I replied. She stood up and I followed her, grabbing towels for both of us.

"We need to make a pit stop before we go back up," Christine told me.

"What for?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"You'll see," she said, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the pool room. She led the way to the hotel convenience store.

"What are you doing?"