Chapter 7

I wake up in a bed, realizing it's the bed Alex and I share. I look over to alarm clock on the nightstand and it read 4:26 AM. I slowly get out of bed, careful as not to wake up Alex. I know I probably shouldn't be running off someplace without someone with me, but I really want to go swimming.

I change into my blue bikini that had white polka dots on it. I pull on a cover up and pull my hair back up. As I walk out of the bathroom, I grab a towel and head downstairs. I quickly eat an apple and begin writing a not that read:

I've gone swimming. I'm at the waterfall. Sorry about leaving alone, but I needed some space for a while. Don't worry, I'll be ok. And Alex, Do. Not. Flip. Out. I swear if you flip out, I will most likely run off. I don't care. Now, I'm going to go have fun and I'll be taking the trail. So bye.

-Ashley

I make my way outside and begin hiking on the trail all of us had hiked on a while back. I continue the two mile hike until I get to a gorgeous waterfall.

I set my towel on a nearby rock and took off my cover up, sitting that there as well

I set my towel on a nearby rock and took off my cover up, sitting that there as well. I put my phone under my towel just in case another person showed up. Me -being the crazy and daring person I am- climb to the top of the cliff.

Oh god, that's high... I'm not used to this height...

I take in a deep breath and ready myself to jump. Right as I was about to jump, I hear some rustling in the brush behind me and I turn around, confused as I see no one there. I turn back around and this time, just jump.

I'm falling... Falling... Until I land in the water, the pressure of impact hurting the bottom of my feet as I did so. I swim back up to the surface, taking in a breath of fresh air. That was insane.

I move my wet hair from my face and notice a terrified Alex standing on the rocks by my stuff. And he's already freaking out. I swim my way over to him and get out.

"Oh my God! You're okay! How could you jump from a cliff that high?!" He asks all in one breath.

"Ok, first of all... Yes, I am ok, calm down. And second, I just can. You should try jumping off the cliff too." I say and motion to his swimming trunks.

He takes his shirt off and I'm left staring at his abs. I snap out of it and grab his hand as I drag him to the top of the cliff. Once we're at the top, he just gapes down at how high it is.

"How can you do this? This is way too high. I'm not jumping, I'm going back down." He says and turns to walk back down.

I grab his arm. "Oh no you don't. You're jumping off here whether you like it or not." I put him in front of me and he looks terrified. I shove him and he falls off the cliff and into the water. I laugh as I wait for him to swim out of the way.

Before I run to jump, I'm being picked up as someone's arm wraps around my waist as another cover my mouth. I try to kick and scream but it's no use. The person seemed to be dressed in all black along with a black mask over their face. My eyes widen in horror as I notice a silver knife in a holster on his side.

I try and kick him, but he just ignores it and now I'm fed up with him. I bite his finger on his hand that covered my mouth and he loses grip. I'm out of his hold and I run towards the cliff and jump, knowing I'd land in the water.

I land, quickly swimming back up to gasp for air. I quickly swam over to where Alex was now putting his shirt back on and I hurriedly dry off and pull my cover up on. I grab my phone as well.

"Let's go. Like, right now." I say and try pulling him along, but he doesn't move.

"What took you so long?" He asks as he still doesn't move.

My heart is racing. "I'll tell you about it back at the pack house. We need to go. Now!" I say loudly this time. He gives in and follows me back. But it doesn't help that I'm running back.

Finally, we're back at the pack house. All our friends we glaring at the wolves and person in front of the back door. The one person that was the only one shifted had a 9 year old in his grip, a knife to his throat. I think his name was Caden.

"If any of you move, he dies. Listen carefully and no one gets hurt." The man said and all of us listen intently.