Chapter 13

I wake up to people shouting and Alex nowhere in sight. I quickly get up and change into a pair of leggings and a blue long sleeved shirt. I pull on my black tennis shoes and go out into the hall where people are running around.

I follow a woman that I remember her name as Mary. I grab hold of her arm and she turns around.

"What's going on?" I ask, completely confused.

"Hunters." She merely says before tuning back around and rushing off.

I ran past people and down the stairs, looking for Alex. After looking inside for a while, I run outside to see if he was out there but that was a terrible idea. The hunters were at the edge of the woods with their weapons pointed towards the pack house, while two of them had an elderly woman held hostage.

I could either run back inside to safety or help the woman and most likely get caught. I wasn't going to be a coward so I chose to save the woman. I look around and quickly shift behind a nearby tree so the hunters couldn't see me.

This is a terrible idea, Ash. You're going to get yourself killed or caught. Luna seethes.

I'm not going to sit around and do nothing, Luna! This woman could die! I shout at her.

Alpha and Luna or one woman? If you get killed, Alex is never going to forgive himself and if you're caught, he's going to be in a state of depression. What's your choice? Luna rants.

I'm the Luna of this pack and it's my duty to protect these people. I'm doing my job. I tell Luna before blocking her out.

I take off running at the hunters, leaping off the ground and jumping on one. The man hits his head on something, knocking him out. I turn around to face the others, Luna growling and hissing at them.

"Stay where you are." One of the hunters say to me.

I don't listen and slowly walk closer to them. They all have their weapons on me. I evaluate my decisions and attack the person with a gun, knocking him out like I did the other.

"Ashley?! Where are you?!?" Alex shouts and every hunter turns to look towards him.

While the hunters are distracted, I manage to get the woman on my back and run off towards Alex. He sees me and has a look of anger and relief on his face. He grabs the woman off my back and helps her inside quickly before coming back to me.

"Shift back. Now. You're going to go hide with the others." He says to me.

No! I will not shift back until these hunters are dealt with! I say through he mind-link.

He gives me the death glare, but I ignore it and run back at the hunters. They see me coming this time and I'm shot with something. Almost immediately, I feel dizzy and fall unconscious.

**Alexander's POV**

I'm in my office, gathering things as everyone else is running around in chaos. After gathering papers, I hurry back upstairs to get Ashely who wasn't in there. I begin getting scared because I'm not sure where she is so I search everywhere. She's nowhere to be found and I go outside

I yell for her but get no answer. As I turn to face the woods, I see a panther running and recognize it as Ashely. She had an older woman on her back. She stops in front of me and I get the woman inside.

"Shift back. Now. You're going to go hide with the others." I tell her, not wanting her killed.

She refuses and goes back at them. Almost at them, one of them shoots a gun.

I watch as they shoot at Ashley with something and she falls unconscious. I run at them but they begin shooting their guns at me and I run back inside. This time, I'll follow them and save her.

**Ashley's POV**

I wake up in a cell. As I look around, I notice others in cells next to me and all around this room. This is the second time... Two days in a row that this has happened.

"Hey! Newbie! Over here!" Someone over enthusiastic half-yells at me.

I go over to the person. I notice she's slightly taller than me with dark brown or black hair--i can't tell in the darkness of the room--, she has bright green eyes. I could tell she looked like a fun person, by the looks she looked weird and crazy.... But I don't know who to trust in here.

"What?" I ask.

"What's your name?"

"Ashley. What's yours?"

"Sky."

"Well... It's nice to know someone in here I guess." I mumble.

"You're going to be my new friend. We're escaping together." She says.

I laugh. "We'll definitely be good friends."

I'm very sorry for the long, long wait but I'm so busy with school and then cross country practice, I just don't get a lot of time. I'll try and update next Saturday. For the past two Saturdays, I've had things planned and the the day after, I was doing something so I'm sorry for that. But enjoy the chapter anyways!