Grant Ward

I stood with my back against the wall as I peered over my shoulder and around the corner to scope for any SHIELD agents which could report me back to my Dad.

I had only taken a single, small step when I heard the clearing of a throat behind me.

"You sneaking out again?" Skye asked.

"Please don't tell my Dad." I begged, pleading silently with my eyes.

"And why shouldn't I?" she teased, crossing her arms over her chest and leaning against the opposite wall.

"I'm a teenager! I'm almost a responsible adult and I want to experience the world. I don't want to be trapped within this base for the rest of my life. Yes. I want to be a SHIELD agent. But I want to settle into that role when I've gained some street experience under my belt." I explained.

She nodded silently.

"You of all people have to understand this." I reasoned.

"I do. Therefore you have a curfew. If your not back by eleven I will inform your dad... that is if he doesn't find out before then." she bartered.

"If I return before eleven?" I asked, hesitantly.

"I haven't seen you at all. Your most likely in your room like most hormonal teenagers." she laughed.

"I owe you one Skye!" I called, jogging quickly towards my exit.

- - - -

                 10:28 pm

"Just one more drink _____. It's not going to harm you." Jack said.

"Yeah. Just one more beer." Mike cheered on, clearly heavily intoxicated.

"I can't. Skye gave me curfew. If I don't meet it she will tell my Dad." I said, picking up my jacket.

"Who is this Skye? Your new step-mum?" Sarah asked.

"I- erm... n- yes. Sort of." I covered my lie.

They were civilians.

I couldn't reveal that I was an active working member of SHIELD trying to take down Hydra.

I couldn't reveal that I had been on dangerous missions at the tender age of seventeen and been shot twice since I begun my missions.

I may be nineteen now... but I was still under 'legal guardian protection' until I was twenty one.

I had no freedom.

I was trapped inside.

Caged.

10:36 pm

"I really have to go. I won't make it if I leave any later." I said, reaching for my rucksack.

"Take a few beers then." Mike said, wobbling to his feet and stumbling over to me.

"My Dad will kill me." I said.

Have you ever met an overbearing parent that restricts you to legal laws?

Sometimes I do wish I had a dad that allowed me a few privileges before the legal age.

I was sixteen when I watched my first eighteen movie. 

And that was only because I had asked to borrow a film from Phil's extensive collection and chosen an eighteen rated action movie... with 'too much cursing'.