Leo Fitz

Phil's POV

"How is he? Fitz?" I asked Mack as we stood outside of the lab observing his newly adopted behaviour since the accident.

"There hasn't been much improvement Sir. He believes Jemma Simmons is still here. He talks to her and covers it up as if it didn't happen. I don't think he has quite come to terms with her disappearance. Where are we on locating Dr Simmons?" Mack asked.

"You don't get to ask those sorts of questions." I reprimanded

"Yes Sir. Sorry Sir."

"It's okay. Your new. But not as new as this agent I have assigned to replace what she can of Simmon's position within the science behind SHIELD."

"She?"

"Yes. She. I believe she is the right person for the job. In fact she should be here any moment now." I announced, glancing at my watch.

I smirked at the loud clatter and bang that was followed by my statement.

"Am I late? I am so sorry if I am late. I didn't mean to. I got lost. And then I fell over this other agent. And I-" she began.

"Mack. I would like to introduce you to ______ _______. Also known as my daughter." I introduced _____ to Mack.

"I thought we agreed we would keep relations secret?" _____ whispered in my ear.

"Well it would have come out sooner or later since we have experienced hackers within our mists." I explained.

"Hold on _____ _______. You don't share the same surname?" Mack questioned.

"Hi. I'm ______. Phil's adopted daughter. I know it's a long story. It's nice to meet you." she introduced.

"Fitz is in their _____. If you would like to introduce your self to him." I urged, ushering her into the lab.

"Now watch the change in her personality..." I said, as Mack and I overlooked the interaction.

______'s POV

"I... erm...Hi?" I stuttered as I stood behind the man who's file I had been given to scrutinize.

"H-hello. H-hi." they said turning around.

"I'm... I... I'm erm... _____ ______." I introduced holding out my hand.

"You d-don't seem so s-sure about t-that." he stuttered.

"I'm new to SHIELD. I get nervous around people I don't know..." I explained.

"Well I'm Fitz. Leopold Fitz." he introduced, eventually shaking my hand.

"Is there any name you would prefer me to call you by? Or not?" I asked, wiping my hands on the legs of my SHIELD combat gear.

"Fitz. Or L-leo will suffice." he said, turning back to what he was doing.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I walked around to the opposite side of the table to observe his technical engineering genius.

"You wouldn't understand. And I would bore you." he said, not looking back up at me.

"Oh but I'm fascinated in technology." I smiled, resting my arm on the table and my head in my hand.

"Well..." he burst into the most detailed, motivated and excitable speech regarding the small gadget within his hands.

The one thing I had noticed was when he became passionate about something... it was as if he hadn't suffered the terrible head injury at all...

Phil's POV

"And now you see why she was the perfect woman for the job?" I asked Mack.

"I wasn't expecting him to engage in conversation never mind hold eye contact." Mack said, shock laced his tone of voice.

"Well, she may just be the energy he needs in his life to keep his every step motivated while we find Jemma." I sighed, stepping back and away from the lab window.

"You may definitely be right there..." Mack nodded in agreement.

.

.

.

(I'm so sorry it took so long to get around to finishing and publishing. I hope you like it.

Again, I am sorry.

Love, Phoebe x)