Phil Coulson (part 2)

We kissed...

I- I...

"______?" Jemma asked.

"H-he just got up and l-left as if nothing happened?" I stuttered.

"Don't take it too seriously." Daisy said.

"I'm sure there is some reasonable explanation." Jemma offered.

I looked between the both of them and then towards the door.

"Yes." I sighed in defeat, "An explanation."

- - - - 

"How are you feeling today?" Jemma asked, knocking on my door before stepping through the thresholds.

"Much better thank you." I lied.

"It's been three weeks _____."

"It started off with a Migraine and progressed into constant nausea to the point where I couldn't even roll over in bed without feeling like I was going to empty my stomach contents all over me." I sighed.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner! These could be symptoms from the framework! This could be serious." Jemma chided.

"I-" I started but I was cut off to be lectured further.

"Coulson and May are in the framework right now. I have to tell Fitz! Stay here. Don't move." Jemma said, starting to stand up from where she sat on the side of my bed.

"I didn't think it was anything to comment on. I've experienced episodes like this before. Before I even went into the framework." I explained, reaching to grab her wrist to stop her relaying incorrect intel.

"Y- what?" Jemma asked, horror written across her face as she frowned.

"I've experienced these episodes before." I whispered, loud enough for her to hear.

"What are the symptoms like? How long do the episodes last?"

"This is why I never told anyone in case they thought it was serious." I said.

She didn't reply, she just looked pointedly at me waiting for me to answer her questions.

"It starts with a headache. Then the nausea and once I suffered lock jaw for a fortnight. That's why I didn't surface from my room in January..." I said.

"_____! That was only eight weeks ago. I need you down at the medical bay for an emergency assessment." Jemma said offering me support as she aided me into a sitting position.

- - - - -

Coulson's POV

I rushed towards the medical bay as soon as I heard the words from Fitz that Simmons had taken _____ in for emergency assessment.

"Talk to me Simmons!" I almost shouted in stress as I watched ______ convulse on the medical bed as she fitted.

"Can you hold her still while I give her a shot?" Simmons asked.

She didn't have to ask twice as I wrapped my arms around _____'s torso and held her as still as possible to the bed. Simmons administered the shot to _____ through an injection in the thigh.

It was only a long exaggerated thirty seconds later that ______'s body began to squirm less and she became relaxed.

I watched her closely as her eyes fluttered open to reveal her beautiful eyes before they fluttered closed with fatigue.

"Diagnosis?" I asked, my eyes never leaving ______'s form.

"I suspect she was exposed to a chemical gas either on a previous mission or before she joined SHIELD." Simmons started to explain.

"Before." I announced without hesitation.

I can still remember the day I rescued her.

The day she joined SHIELD.

The day she stole my heart.

"It will take me a while to create an antidote. The exposure was great but the strength of the chemical count must have been minor."

"I will need to check her for other symptoms to identify the extent of the exposure, or the extent of how far the chemical has spread throughout her body unnoticed."

"I rescued her that day." I whispered.

"You will need an antidote to. And any other agents exposed. I am suspecting stress heightens the symptoms or the spreading of the chemical. She has kept this too herself since January."

"She was rescued in October."

"It should take me a few hours to gather an antidote." Simmons started to explain reaching for her notes to make a further analysis.

When she observed my lack of movement to leave the room she turned to me.

"Your welcome to stay Sir." she smiled slightly.

"Thank you." I nodded in appreciation.

"I love you. ______." I whispered in her ear before I pressed my lips to her forehead.

And despite ______ being dazed out with exhaustion.

.

..

.

A ghost smile traced her lips at my words.

.

.

.

.

.

.

..

.

.

(I really hope you liked it. Sooooo so sorry for the length of time it took for me to post this. But I hope it does it justice.

Love,

Phoebe xx)