Chapter 17 Phone Calls and Abandoned Memories?

Tom's POV

"Ring...Ring...Ring..-" "What!" I hear Tord yell in the telephone as he picked it up before Edd could. Edd shrugged it off and continued making breakfast for us. I frowned as I observed Tord more while I sit on the couch.

These phone calls have been occuring too much lately. Whenever he picks them up, he's also being stressed all the time, then asking if he can leave and comes back after a day. He lightens up a bit as I hear a bit more about the conversation "Wha- Really?!...Yes, of course...Yeah...Sure,I'll be there in 15 minutes." He looks down his wrist to check on his watch and smiles.

After a while, he his face fell. He looks at the window as I tried to move to see his face. His voice softens and is barely a whisper now. He ends the call, looking down with a sad glint in his eyes while his mouth pursued a thin line.

"Hey! Let's eat now! I already made breakfast." Edd calls. He looks up in surprise and smiles, walking toward the table. I sigh as I moved my arm to the spine of the sofa, feeling tired and helpless lately. For some reason, my relationship with Edd has been going downhill.

Its like I'm getting too focused on Tord. Edd noticed it and confronted me. He felt being left out. I felt bad and tried not to think about Tord anymore. But lately, I keep on thinkinb of ways on how to make him happy. To deepen our relationship. To know what its like to be close to that commie..

I chuckle lightly at the nickname. I barely even call him that way. Edd came to me with a plate of pancakes, sitting down the spot beside me. He snuggled closer to me as he finally spoke, "I made pancakes! Let's share." He got two forks as he gave the other to me. I responded, "Actually I'm full. I had a snack a while ago." I half-lied, I haven't had a snack but I wasn't hungry either. I regretted it when I saw Edd's face fell. "But I can always make an exception."

Edd's face lit up as I grabbed the fork and got one. I looked back before chewing on the pancake. I saw Tord and Matt eating together on the table, laughing softly. I frowned slightly but looked away.

"Ah shit! Wait a second Matt, I need to go!" I heard Tord yelled along with Matt's voice replying. "Oh yeah sure, see you later." The last thing I saw was Tord leaving through the door. I put down the fork I was holding and stood up. "Tommy where are you going?" Edd asked. "In my room." I whispered, going upstairs until I saw my room. I walk through the corridor to see pictures of us. The whole squad in all of our adventures. The one in the beach, the one where we almost got killed in the zombie acopolypse and last a pucture of only all us in. Where everyone was happy, smiling and teasing. I chuckled, walking to my room with a sad smile. I sighed, knowing all of that are gone. Those times are just memories now. Nothing more, nothing less. I wouldn't regret experiencing it though. Especially since they're like my actual family now.

I reached my door and opened it to my neat room. Ever since Edd became my boyfriend, I started cleaning more. I sprinted to my bed, jumping to it. I closed my eyes as I felt my body sink in he matress. I rolled over to feel my teddy bear beside my and hugged it. "Why does it feel like everything's going downhill?" I feel so stupid. Its like its right in front of me but I just cant tell what."Auggghhh." I groaned and rolled over again until I find the right spot. I didn't. I whined more, pulling my arms up my head to cover the sunlight hitting me. I hugged my teddy more until I tried to find something to entertain me. I looked all over my room to see anything. My eyes lay on Susan. "I'm still so lazy though..." I looked all over until I felt tired and gave up. I groaned until something came up. I jumped and exclaimed, "Ha! I know! I'll see what that stupid commie's been doing for the past days!"