Prologue

It all started when my parents died. My life had become miserable after their death. Everything seemed too bland. I would cry almost every night, begging and pleading God to bring back my parents.

'Was it my fate?'

'My destiny?'

These are the kind of questions I ask myself everyday at night. 

It is only during night that I can be whatever I want to be. They only way I can get rid of all the bad memories is by reading books. So that's exactly what I do every night.

He doesn't really bother me at night. 

Well, 'he' is my step brother. 

When my biological mother had left us, my father married a lovely woman. Her name was Laila. She was nothing like the kind of step mothers that were described as in movies and books. 

She loved me and I loved her. She gave me the love I craved for. With her beside me, I never felt the need to think about my biological mother. 

I never had any siblings, but when she came it changed. I was gifted with an elder brother. He promised that he'd protect me from all the evils in the world. Or so I thought.

After my parents died, he changed. He started drinking and became very aggressive. He started by beating me up. He ordered me to do all the household work, which included, cleaning, cooking, washing, etc. He started treating me like a slave.

Once he even called his friends and it was bad. Really bad.

I was cooking food for them, when one of them entered the kitchen. I hadn't realised until he groped me from behind. I felt very scared and helpless. He had started rubbing himself on me. I was clueless as to what I should have done. I felt disgusted and used. When I couldn't bear it anymore, I grabbed the knife and stabbed his hand.

I still remember the furious expression on my brother's face. That day he beat until I blacked out.

Moving on I am allowed to go to school, just so that people don't get suspicious. 

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realise when he reached my room. I rubbed my eyes and looked at him. 

He looks scary and has an evil smirk plastered on his face. I have no idea what he wants at the middle of the night. 

"Do you want something?" I asked. Instead of answering me he slowly started to approach me. I get a really bad feeling in the pit of stomach; as if something very wrong is about to happen. 

When he reaches at the edge of the bed, he suddenly pulls my leg towards himself. I look at him in horror. 

He runs his eyes up and down my body and immediately feel disgusted by his action. How could he even think of doing this to me? I was his sister after all. I had never expected him to even think of doing something like this. 

"Be a good girl and strip" he says huskily. 

I feel hot tears slipping down my cheeks. I just shake my head. I can't think of anything else right now. 

I am scared, intensely horrified. 

"Well that leaves me with no other option" he murmurs. 

I start to back away from him, but his grip on my leg is still intact and strong. 

He presses his hand hard at my ankles, that it starts to form a nasty and ugly bruise

He presses his hand hard at my ankles, that it starts to form a nasty and ugly bruise. Then he starts to rip away my shirt. He is so close to me that I can smell the disgusting smell of the excessive alcohol he had drank. I started wriggling under his hold. I tried rip away his hands, but it's o foo use. He's already ripped away my shirt and is reaching down for my pants. At that moment I realised it's now or never. Mustering up all my strength, I lift my leg and kick hard at his groin. 

He fall of the bed, and screams in pain. "You little bitch, you will pay for this!" he shouts at me. 

With all the courage left inside me, I pick up all the clothes and money that I have and put in a suitcase. Lastly I pack all the photographs that had always bring a smile on my face. 

I run as fast as I can, didn't stop for even a minute and take a bus. At this time I'm thinking of a place to live in. Far away from Riverdale.