Chapter 2

I stopped to catch my breath. I screwed up. Big time. I couldn't afford to loose this job. So I decided to go back. I'll make sure that I make myself as extinct as I can. I will go to give the interview and come back. I'm sure Mr. Salvatore may be some old, cunning, bastard but maybe, just maybe I can handle him and work much efficiently. With a sign of newfound courage and determination, I had finally reached my destination. Again. This time when I stopped by the entrance I decided to introduce myself to the guards, after all, I got them into a huge truckload of trouble.

"Hey! I'm Elena. And before you say anything, I want to tell you that I am extremely sorry... I didn't want to get you in trouble and in order to make up for my mistake, I promise I'll take you to treat the next time we meet. I promise!" I exclaim exasperatedly. I expected them to lash out on me but they surprised me when they both looked at me and grinned. "Can't say no to a pretty little thing like you!" The first guard winked and I blushed.

"I'm Cole." Said the guard with the lip piercing.

"And I'm Steve." said the other one.

"It was nice meeting you! But I have an interview in another 5 minutes so... Au revoir!" I said and bid my farewell. I hurried inside the building and ran towards the receptionist. I told her that I have an interview and she told to go to the top floor. So I rushed to the elevator. After it opened and I entered. It was about to get closed when a man entered the lift. He looked to be in his mid- thirties. He had a slightly balding scalp and his tummy seemed to be popping out of his shirt.

"Hey." He said, leering at me. Just to be courteous, I politely smiled and replied back with a hi. He had a smirk plastered on his face. He ran eyes up and down my body. I was truly disgusted by his action. He took a step towards and instantly, I backed away. It seemed as if he liked my reaction. His smirk widened and he took one more step towards me. "B-back O-o-off" I stuttered. He pulled his hands out of his pocket to touch my cheek and at that very moment the door opened. I exhaled a huge sigh of relief. I was beyond relieved. This man gave me chills and not in a delightful manner. I just hope that I don't have to meet him ever again.

"Saved by the elevator," He said. I narrowed my eyes towards him. He licked his lips, winked and left.

Some men are such pigs.

I tried to brush off this incident and focus on my interview. I soon reached my floor and stepped out. The corridor had polished marble flooring and there was a big wooden door just at the front. It had a board on top of it- C.E.O Damon Salvatore. I moved towards the desk which was placed just near the door.

A girl stood there. She wore a short tight skirt and her blouse seemed a bit inappropriate for such a professional setup as it showed a lot of cleavage. Her face was caked up with makeup. But she looked really pretty. I'll have to admit that she's smoking hot.

"Hi. I've come here for the interview" I said politely and smiled.

"Wait for some time, will call you when he's ready," she said and judging by the disdain look on her face it was clear that she didn't seem too happy to see me.

I sat at one of the couch. Just by looking at it, I could tell that it was damn expensive. Enough to buy food for a home shelter.

I was getting really bored as each second passed. So I stood and decided to take a walk to the washroom. I started walking towards the washroom. I was about to take a turn when I bumped into someone. I fell down and he did too. I stood up and rubbed my butt as it hurt like a bitch.

"I am so sorry. Are you hurt?" The guy who I bumped into, asked. He kind of looked cute with that worried expression on his face.

I smiled "It's okay. I should have seen where I was going and yes it hurts like a bitch back there."

He grinned and pulled his hands out of the pocket to greet me "I'm Stefan" he said.

"Hi Stefan, I'm the infamous Elena!" I said cheerfully. He chuckled in response. He was about to say something when the same lady called me.

"Be ready. He's waiting" She said.

"I'll talk to you later then," I said to Stefan and he waved his hands. I smiled and turned around to deal with the interview.

I knocked on the door and a "come in" response came, the voice seemed very familiar but I brushed it off.

When I entered the room, I saw the last person I was looking for. The man I met in the morning or rather ran away from.

So that means only one thing that he is DAMON SALVATORE. And I am definitely not getting this job...