Chapter 10

The next day, I was totally terrified of going to the office. I million thoughts bombarded my mind. 

Should I tell Mr. Salvatore about it?

Should I file a police complaint? 

Should I just forget about?

But I must do something about it. 

I'll tell the HR team about it. After all, they are the ones who look into these kind of matters. 

And that is exactly what I plan to do. 

                                                        '.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.

As soon as I reach the office, I head to the HR department. I thought it would be easy, but believe me it was not. My hands were trembling. It felt like my knees would give away any time. 

It felt like it took about 10 hours to reach the HR department. 

I head towards the HR Head's office. I was determined. But I was scared shitless. 

I knocked on the door and tried to calm my nerves. 

"Come in" I heard gruff voice. As soon as I step in, I am surprised to see the same man I saw on the first day. 

"Oh, Hi!" He said

"Please come in" 

And so I did. I felt kind of relieved to see him. But I didn't know how to tell him about what happened with me. I was beyond embarrassed. 

"So, how can I help you?" He have me warm smile. I felt comforted in an instant. 

"I'm sorry, I forgot your name" I peeked at him sheepishly. He chuckled at my expression. 

"Stefan, Elina. My name is Stefan" He said. He remembers my name! I am really glad that he remembers my name. 

"I have something really serious to talk to you about" I almost whisper. As soon as he observes my seriousness, he gets stiff.  

"I'll assure you that nothing will go out of this cabin." He said reassuringly. 

"I believe you" I try to give him a small smile. 

"Yesterday, someone from the office did something... inappropriate. And I-I felt violated" I stutter. I am sure he got the idea of what kind of inappropriate behaviour I was hinting at.

I see that he had started to clench and unclench his jaw. His face starts to turn into a shade of red. 

"Who was it?" He growled in an animistic way. This causes me to jump on my seat. 

"I-It w-was R-Ri-char-d" I squeaked. I was too terrified. 

What if he doesn't believe me?

What if he sends me to prison for wrong accusation or something?

I am snapped out of my thoughts when I heard him say something. 

"What did he do?" He asked. He looked furious. Not wanting to fuel his anger I told him. I gave him every detail of what he did. 

"I-I was working late since I-I had to catch up on s-some work. At around 8 pm h-he entered my c-cabin. I-I was about to get away from him, b-but h-he thr-rew me on the c-couch. I k-kept shouting for help, b-but nobody c-came. I was t-terrified. He groped my l-lady parts a-and I kept p-pleading with h-him" I started to cry hysterically after this. He instantly comes to my side and holds me tight. I greedily take up all the comfort that I can from him. I kind of felt safe in his arms. He gave me an intense brotherly feeling. Something that I never got from my real brother. This makes me cry even harder. 

Once I had calmed down, he wiped my tears with his thumb and gave a kiss on my forehead. I close my eyes and savour this. When I open my eyes again, he asks me to continue. I spoke again. 

"A-after that he strip-ped down. H-he d-did something really disgusting. H-he... h-he p-put his you know, i-insid-de my m-mouth" This was the last straw. Stefan got up and punched the nearest wall and seeing that I started crying again. Once he saw how hysterical I was, he again held me. 

He did not let me go and consoled me. He reassured m that he will kill him and never let any harm come to me. It felt good to know that someone did care for me. It took me about 2 hours to compose myself. After which I entered my cabin. 

That is when I realised that I was 3 hours late for my work and there 30 missed calls of Mr. Salvatore on my phone. 

Oh boy!