Chapter 3

I stared at him in disbelief. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out so I closed my mouth. I tried that again. And again. And Again. And finally:

"YOU!!" I shouted and pointed my finger at him. As if I was accusing him of practically doing nothing.

Now I am darn sure that I've lost this job. Maybe I could apply for the second company that offered their interview to me. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't see him approach to me.

So I decided that now is the right time to apologise.

"I am truly very sorry. I didn't know that you were the owner. I swear I didn't. And also it wasn't there fault that my piggy face made them laugh. But I promise it wasn't their fault at all. I am so so so so so so sorry. I swear next time I see you I'll get you some Twix."

"Leave" He said in a serious tone.

"Noooo... I mean I could get you some Mars, or maybe gummy worms. Yeah how about that or maybe some M&M's. You'll love the new peanuts one. I have some in my bag. Wait for a sec please..." I said.

His lips seemed to twitch and I bit my lip as I was nervous. I think he's going to lash out on me. So I hurriedly started looking for the M&M's I had in bag. After about a minute I finally found them.

When I looked up I saw a strange look on his face, something that I can't really explain. I coughed to gain his attention and that snapped him out of his reverie. I wave the packet of M&M's in front of him. He looked at me and then the packed and did that over and over again. Suddenly his lips start to twitch again.

"Soo.. You want some?" I asked

He looked at me and said "Let's begin with the interview" and snatched the packet from my hands and kept it on his table.

I sat down on the chair that was placed just across his.

"Resume." He said in a professional tone.

"Of course" I try to speak in the most professional tone I could muster. I start to take out my folder and realised it was deep inside my bag.

As I start to take it out from the bag everything from my bag fell out on the floor. Now I know that I am totally out of it. I am not getting a job here in even 100 years.

"I'm so sorry, I'll just pick up everything" I said in a rush.

I stood up and then bent down to pick all my stuff. Which was all quite useless. Some lipstick, granola bar, gummy worms, a safety kit, a diary and even a pad and a tampon. It was embarrassing.

"Hurry. Now" He said. But this time his voice was different. It was husky and kind of sensual. So I hurried up.

"Sorry. Just a second sir" I said.

I put everything in my bag and turned around to see his gaze fixed on my lower region. When I coughed he looked up at me. This time his eyes were a darker shade of brown. He swallowed and licked his lips. He reached out for his glass and drank some water. I use this time to sit on the chair. All the while he was drinking water his eyes followed all my actions.

After he finished all the water in the glass, he looked at me. "You got the job" He said. I was completely shocked. I opened and closed my mouth like a fish. I was happy. Beyond happy but confused too.

"Don't make me change my decision" He said with a finality in his tone. I looked at him for one last time and asked "But you didn't even take an interview!" I said in an exasperated tone.

He ignored my remark and continued "Start working from now and you'll leave by 8pm."

He added "Stacy will tell you what you have to do."

"Oh My God! Thank you so so much! This really means a lot to me. You have no idea about that. You know when I first entered this building I expected you to be a man in his late 50's with an exploding tummy and few white hair and some bald spots!!" And with that I started laughing. I started imaging him in that state. I had tears forming from the excessive laughing. I looked up at him and saw him smiling. I saw a genuine smile on his. My laughter died when there was someone knocked the door. His face once again was void of any emotions and he developed a serious face once again.

"Come in" he said.

My face paled when I saw who entered the room. He was the same man from the elevator. He looked at me and smirked. He had an evil glint on his and I was scared none the less.

"Speak" Damon said.

"Yes sir" The man said. Both of them started talking about something related to their sales. While they were talking, Damon kept his gaze fixated on me and the man from the elevator kept stealing glances at me. When Damon went to sit at his seat, the man took his seat right next to me. He shifted his chair closer to mine. I looked at him with my eyes wide open. He put his hand on my thigh. I looked at him. I tried to pry off his hands a several time but his grip keep getting tightened. So I stood up.

"Excuse me sir, but can I leave now and start working" I asked Damon. He put down his paper and looked at me. He had a confused expression on his face.

"Yes, you may" he said. As I turned to leave the man stood up and pulled out his hand for me to shake. I shook his hands and he kissed my knuckles. I quickly pulled my hands out of his grip. Damon saw that.

"I'm Richard" He said.

"Nice to meet you" I said in the most polite manner I could and walked away.

I reached the door's handle and left the room. As I stepped out of the room I took a deep breath.

Oh this is going to be a very long day.