Chapter 13

(Damon's POV)

I tightened my arms around Elena's waist. Seeing her in so much agony had moved me. I wanted to throw all the sadness away from her eyes. Knowing what that bastard did to her had me burning in rage.

I can't even begin to imagine what she had to go through yesterday. She was alone. She had no one to cry her heart out to. But now she has me. She will always have me till the day I take my last breath. I'll make sure of it.

I don't know for certain of what I feel for her. But I know it's strong. I know I will do anything to protect her. Anything. Even if it means killing that son of a bitch who laid his hands on her. He will die. I will make sure of it. 

I don't even notice that I had been holding Elena in my arms for so long, but I liked it. I liked way too much to ever admit it, in front of anyone. I stroked her brunette hair that felt like silk and it felt so good to do that. When I look down at her, I realize that she's fallen asleep. Now that she's resting, I'll execute my plan.  I carry Elena to my office's sofa and lay her there. After that, I walk out of my office and head straight to Richard's floor. 

When I reach there, I am informed by the guards that he's resting in the infirmary. I rush to the infirmary immediately and when I finally see him, I become livid. So damn livid, that I could rip him to shreds right at that moment. But I control myself. And boy that was the hardest thing I had to witness ever in my life. 

When he sees me, he knows what I want to do to him. He looked so scared that he almost peed his pants. 

"Leave" I ordered for everyone to leave in the room and fixate my gaze on my target. He got the message. 

And now I will torture him so bad that he'd be begging me to kill him. But I won't I'll go on and on. 

Then he'll know what it feels like to be helpless.