Chapter 14

Elena Pov

I woke up with a start, feeling completely disoriented of my surrounding. Everything was sinking in slowly, from the terrible HR meeting to Damon's tenderness. I couldn't stop thinking how kind he was to me, his tender touch felt so foreign to me. Never have I ever been so, cherished? Pfft! Silly thought! Why would I be cherished by a man? That too Mr. Salvatore? It's all wistful thinking. I wonder if Richard would soon be unemployed, but doubt surges through me. He's a valuable employee and I am a nobody. I won't be surprised if soon 'I' become unemployed. I mean what do I have to give to their organization? I have no good qualifications. I don't even own proper work wear! All of my clothes come from Goodwill and other thrift stores. Not to mention the fact that I've been so damn rude and rebellious to Mr. Salvatore. But I still can't stop thinking about how kind he was to me! What if he has a sister and feels platonic affection towards me? I mean it's poss—

SLAM!

The door opened with a loud bang and I cowered thinking of the worst. I slowly open my eyes to see a disheveled figure of Damon. His tie was open and first two buttons of his shirt unbuttoned. To my horror, there were specks of red spots spattering all over his shirt and trousers. His knuckles looked raw and bloody, but I couldn't see very clearly due to the distance.

With fast strides, he reached by my side and lifted his hand. I flinched hard. So hard that my body started trembling. Suddenly, I felt his thumb stroking my cheek. I didn't know what to feel.

"I will die before I even think of laying hands on you, precious." I heard Damon. His voice and touch so tender and sweet that I started getting teary eyed.

"Please. Don't ever fear me. Trust me." I felt his hand touch mine and slowly he guided our entwined hands to his chest, right above his heart. I felt myself melting to his touch. Very hesitantly I ask him "S-so I won't be f-fired?" I ended with a hiccup.

"What gave you that idea!? It's not your damn fault! It's him, who should be fearing the consequences. Not you, my precious." This was the second time he called me precious. His precious. Suddenly I felt so overjoyed! I was his precious! I've never been called anyone's precious and it felt so good to hear that. I felt like I was on cloud nine. Underneath that cold exterior he was such a kind man!

He wrapped his arms around me tightly and kept whispering nice things to me. I felt like a princess when he held me like that. I pressed head closer to his chest, wishing we could stay forever like this.