Chapter 7

(Elena's POV)

As soon as we reached Damon immediately rushed out and opened the door for me, like a gentleman he is. He offered me his hand and I gladly accept it. It's rough but I like it. My inner self doesn't want to leave his hand. I wish I could hold his hand forever. I don't even know where all this is coming from.

Once I'm out of the car he places his hand at my lower back. I blush slightly and look away for him.

I have never felt so giddy in my entire life. I like being around him. I feel safe. Most of all I feel as if he cares for me. 

I feel like a teenage girl around him. Whenever he touches me or talks to me, I can feel the butterflies in my belly running around. It feels nice. 

He's so loving and caring that it's hard not like him. 

I am snapped out my trance, when he asks me something. 

"Umm.. I'm sorry what were you saying?" I asked shyly.

"I was asking if you'd like to have some wine?" He asked. 

"I don't"- I don't get to finish my sentence as the business partners arrive. 

I look at them. There are two of them. One looks to be in his early 20's and the other seems be in his late 50's. The first one looks really handsome. His black hair are perfectly gelled and he looks really rich. The other one looks very similar to him. I guess he's his father. 

"Damon" The old man greeted with a smile and then gave him a manly hug and a pat at the back.

"Jay" Damon greeted back with a smile. 

Damon narrowed his eyes, when he looked at the other man. 

"Carson" He nods his head at Carson in a form of a greeting. 

Carson just smirked at him. Both of them, then looked at me. I am not used to meeting people, so it was kind of awkward for me. 

"Hi, I'm the secretary" I smiled and put my hands forward Jay to shake. 

"I'm Jay" He said and shakes my hand. "I'm Elena" I gave a soft smile and turned to Carson. 

He looked at me and smirked. I take my hand forward for him to shake, but he grabs my hand and places a sloppy kiss on my knuckles. All the while he stared at me intently. His stare was so serious that I had to snatch my hand and look away. 

I looked at Damon. He had his hands balled into a fist and he repeatedly clenched and unclenched his jaw. I wonder if his teeth break at this instant. How embarrassing it would be for him. 

I imagined him teethless, and unconsciously giggled. I then realised that I actually giggled out loud. All three of them were looking at me. I immediately feel embarrassed and mutter a small sorry. 

My face was red upto my neck. 

"Umm... s-ssorry" I stuttered. What the hell is wrong with me. Okay, I have to focus now, and act professional. 

"It's okay, darling. You look cute when you giggle" Carson smirked. At his comment deepened my blush. 

"Let's start with the meeting" I saw Damon snapping at Carson. He clenched and then unclenched his jaw. He balled his fist in a very tight grip that I could see them turning white. At this point I can officially say that he's the scariest person I've ever met in my entire life, well after my *ahem* brother. 

I gained some courage to look and, boy, I regretted it. He looked pissed, like really mad. He looked at me and gestured me to come stand right next to him. I slowly walked towards him as I was scared of him. When I was at about 5 ft away from his right, I stopped. He slid his arm and grabbed my waist. My eyes widened. I have no freaking idea what's happening. He puts me very close to him and then all of us sat. 

Throughout the meeting his arm remained in a possessive grip around my waist.

It sure as hell was a long meeting. I was so not looking forward the meeting to end. I, for one, am not interested in getting showered in his wrath after the meeting. 

Well, there's no harm in praying, I guess.