Chapter 4

After a few seconds I saw the receptionist from earlier walk up to me.

"I'm Elena Gilbert." I introduced myself to her.

"Yeah, whatever." She said in a bored tone.

What got her panties in such a twist I wonder.

"Umm. Okay" I say.

"Let's cut to the chase. I will tell you what you have to do and then you don't ever bother me again. Got it?" She says in a very rude tune. Well if that's how she wants it then that's what she gets.

"Sure Ms...?" I ask

"Doesn't matter" She says dismissively. 

Well it's going to be long day today. I just hope that I am able survive through it.

Stacy then led me to my office. It was extravagant. There was a huge window type thing which showed an amazing view of the busy streets of New York. There was a desk and a chair just beside it. The room was smaller than that of Damon but still it was big enough for me.

I enter the room and look around in awe.

"Are you just going to stand there gawking at it?" I heard Stacy say rudely. I turn around and gave a sheepish smile.

"First thing that you do when you enter the building is make coffee for Mr. Salvatore. It should be black with only 1 cube of sugar. Do you understand" She looks down upon me.

"Yes Sir!" I salute. She looks at me in disgust and I have no idea why. I was just trying to lighten up her mood. I understand that she might have had a bad day today, but, hey that's no way to talk.

After that she tells me what I have to do as personal assistant. Apparently I am supposed to escort him to all events and meeting and make notes. Well as long as I am getting paid that's fine with me.

After sometime she gave me some documents to fill in. I took the papers and start working on them. At first it was hard but then I got a hang of it. I was getting bored so I decided to plugin my earphones to my phone. I put it on full volume and listen to The Eagles. I started singing along with it a big smile on my face. I was so immersed into my work and song that I didn't realise when Damon came into the room. I looked up to see the time but saw Damon staring at me. He had an unreadable expression on his face.

I stood up and coughed. He seems to have recovered from whatever trance he was in. He looks at me and says "Be ready by 2:30 pm, we have to go for a lunch meeting." I nod my head and he leaves.

One thing that I have noticed about him is that he's a man of very few words. He doesn't say much and doesn't even smile that often, as a normal human being would.

By 2:30 I was ready to leave for the lunch meeting with him. 

I knocked at his door. I didn't get any response so I tried again. Still no response, so I decided to just barge in. 

Gross. 

That's the first that came to my mind. 

Damon was literally sucking life out of girl's lips. 

And then I realised, she was not just any girl.