Chapter 19

Dixie's POV:

"Seth, you look tired. Aren't you tired Seth? Don't you want to take a nap for a few minutes? I think you do, and you should. You should sleep now Seth." (D)

I see him try to argue for a few seconds before his brown eyes close and he lands on the floor. I look at the side table and see a small scapel left behind by Carlisle and I pick it up before getting off the table, biting my lip in pain as I do. I fall to my knees next to him and slice his shoulder, before tossing the scapel aside. I start drinking from him and feel warmer than I've ever felt drinking from a human. I hear footsteps rushing up the stairs and see Carlisle and Esme walk in.

I pull away from Seth for a moment to offer a warning hiss at them, both of them watching wearily from the other side of the room. I know my eyes are probably flashing black just as they've done in the past when my bloodlust takes over, but I can't seem to care in this state. I see Edward appear behind them and hiss again as I go back to the cut on Seth's shoulder. I keep my eyes on them as I drink, feeling better with each passing second. I will put up a fight for this one, this one's mine.

"Dixie, he may have accelerated healing but eventually his body won't be able to keep up with the blood loss. You need to stop." (Ed)

I think for a moment before I think my answer to Edward as he communicates it to Esme and Carlisle. I don't stop drinking from him, nor dor I look up as he reads my thoughts before telling Esme and Carlisle. They are not thoughts that I am proud of, but I'm having trouble caring at the moment.

"I won't be stopping anytime soon, he did this to me. He's why I'm in more pain than I can bare. He's the reason, and now he'll be the solution." (D through Ed)

I look to see Esme's concerned face as she steps nearer to me. I pull away from the blood again and hiss as she does. Carlisle stops her and pulls her back a few steps. I see Edward look at me once before he looks down at Seth with a surprised look. I follow his gaze and see his eyes open and looking at me with soft look on his face.

I look at his shoulder and see the blood continue to trail from it. I try to stop myself but find I can't as I immediately go back for the blood. I feel his hand in my hair after a few seconds and I freeze on his shoulder, remembering that he's the one that caused me so much pain to begin with and he could probably do it again.

"Shhh Ruby, it's ok. Drink from me, it's fine. I'll let you know when I'm about to pass out." (S)

I glance up and see he's serious before I continue to drink from him. A few minutes later and I look to see him looking a few shades paler than he should be, especially with his tan complexion. He doesn't say anything though, he just smiles at me with a look of utter happiness, and it's that look that makes me pull away from his shoulder, licking the cut as I do.

"You did great angel." (S)

When I hear him call me that after what I just did, I feel sick to my stomach. I push myself up from the floor, ripping the IV out of my arm, as I rush behind Esme and Carlisle. I feel my legs give out as I slide down the wall and sit on the floor. I watch as Carlisle rushes over to Seth and helps him up, before Edward helps take him out of the room. Esme is already kneeling beside me stroking my hair as I watch Seth leave, still smiling at me with the same smile. I feel so much shame at what I did, drinking from him and hissing at them all. I feel the pain return in my side, but not nearly as strong as it was when I woke. I know his blood helped but I shouldn't have done that.

I lost control of it again, of the part of me that isn't what I want to be but it's just there. Angel, it isn't me or what I want to be it's just there, like some primal instinct that never leaves me alone. He called me an angel and maybe I am, but not of heaven. I'm an Angel of Hell. I feel my pain and guilt and shame start to eat at my mind anew until a wave of calm takes away everything but the pain. I mentally thank Jasper some, but there's a part of me that wishes he wouldn't. I deserve the guilt and the shame that comes with not being able to control myself. I put my head on my knees as I feel Esme pull me closer to her even though she should kick me out of her home.