×2×

Uni was a thirty minutes journey back home from the train, an hour if you felt like walking; which for all the good reasons, you never did.

The train journey goes quickly; AirPods in ears you listen to your music, there's not an empty seat in sight; what a busy day. Those who were unlucky stand, bodies pressed against each other, hands sore and stiff from grabbing onto the rails. You were lucky though, you sit comfortably, bag filled with all your necessary school supplies on top of your lap. You look down at your phone, ten more minutes and your home.

That ten minutes goes by in no time, by then the train is preferably empty meaning you didn't have to fight to make your out to the exit. You walk downhill from the station through a quite neighbourhood of well reinvade homes with well decorated gardens, their bushes and plant well kept until you reach your home.

The sight of the tall building brought you nothing but dread. With a heavy hand you open the front door. In the distance you can hear the tv play the news..your step mother must be home early today, great. Carefully, you close the door behind you, making less as noise possible, you remove your shoes and place them neatly on the shoe rack among various other shoes. Up the stares you go. You pass the hallways decorated with family photos, non which include you, not that that's a surprise. On your way, you hear a familiar voice, non which belong to any members of your family, it's coming from your brothers room. You think nothing of it and carry on walking to the direction of your room.

Just as you place your hand on top of your door knob the door to your brothers room opens, and out comes non other than Kim Namjoon. You both lock eyes but you quickly move yours away, before you escape to your room, your brother calls out "hey lil sis you back already?", his voice caring and calm as usual. You turn around, eyes on the floor "y-yeah, just got home", you bring your gaze up at your brother and Namjoon. "Oh, well thats good, uh, hey meet my friend Namjoon by the way, I was talking to you about him a few days ago remember, we both take physics, he came to visit for a while to copy some of my notes". Namjoon flashes you a smile, "we actually already know each other" he comments "(y/n) and I are in the same class for media studies", you smile back, playing with your fingers out of nervousness, "y-yeah, nice to meet you again", your voice comes out quite and weak, you in-confidence and lack of experience in socialising more obvious than a hole in the wall.

Namjoon turned to your brother, "anyways, thanks for letting me copy your notes man, your a damn life saviour bro" they bro fist each other, both chucking "yeah no worries man, I'be got you covered, I'll see you in class tomorrow then", your brother pats his friends back. "I'll see you then Namjoon turns to leave, he quickly turns to you and smiles  his charming smile once again "it was nice meeting you again...Miss (L/N), I'll see you on Thursday for our media class, bye"

"See you too, bye", you wave your hands, your brother walks Namjoon out as any well mannered friend would, you enter your room to finish some of your course work for art.

Why was your heart beating so hard?