#38#

'You're late!'
Your boss screamed at you for the fifth time.
'Late, Late, Late. 20 minutes late!'
She slammed her hand on her wooden desk causing some of the items to shake slightly.

You awkwardly stretched the back of your neck and looked down.
' I know'
You brought your face back up so your gloomy eyes met her narrowed ones.
'A-and I-I'm so, so sorry Mrs Diik, I promise you that it'll never happen again!'

You boss crossed her arms and tapped her foot several times on the floor before letting out a loud sigh.
'I want this to be your first and last time being late to my business Miss (l/n)!'
She pointed at you with her fountain pen.
'Next time this happens, you're gone, now go!'

You quickly stood up and bowed deeply before exiting the office.
Once you closed the door behind you, you instantly huffed out a nervous sigh.
That was an experience you never wanted to experience ever again.

You made your way to your station and sat down on your messy desk.
While waiting for your computer to log on, you pulled out a plain piece of paper and began to start drawing random doodles.

The first thing you drew of Coco...oh how you already missed her, hopefully, she wasn't giving Jackson a difficult time.
The next thing you drew was Mrs Diik with an angry scowl on her oily face, you then added some red horns and a long tail to finish off the drawing.

You sat back and proudly smiled at the scruffy piece of art.
'Wow'
You heard a giggle behind you.
Your smile quickly left your face and you turned around to be met by a laughing blond.
'That's really good!'
She pointed at your work with a huge grin on her face.
'U-uhm thanks'
You returned the smile, only that yours was smaller.

The girl sat down next to you and turned on her computer.
'You new?'
She asked while taking her coat off and placing it on her chair.
'Yeah, I started a few days ago'

The blond turned in her chair and held out her hand.
'I'm Lisa, nice to meet you'
You took her hand and gave it a gentle shake.
'Nice to meet you too Lisa, I'm (Y/n)'

Time went past and the both of you joked around and got to each other better while editing photos and other materials.
So far you found out that Lisa was a comic book editor who lives with her girlfriend and their Pomeranian called ChuChu.

She also explained how the working system worked in the building.
Currently, the floor the two of you were working in was the rookie rank.
The rookie floor was for comic editors or photo editors and got paid a reasonable about of money.
The next level was the floor one higher floor the two of you were in and those were the managers.
So the people who managed how the books and arts get published etc.
And the highest floor was for the important artists and printers who'd sometimes have sleepovers due to the amount of work they have to finish and were usually overstressed, coffee addicted people.

Lisa took a big gulp of her water while scrolling down her email and stopped at one that almost made her spit out her drink.
'Omergub!'
You managed to speak in between her harsh coughing.
'You ok?'
You patted her back.

She could only nod her head in response while grabbing several folders from her desk.
'Can you please do me a huge favour!'
She looked at you with pleading eyes.
'S-Sure'
You smiled.

Lisa quickly pulled out a pile of paper that was attached together and handed it to you.
'Could you please go to floor 10 and office room 690 and give this to the man inside please'
You scanned the paper that had several drawings and dialogues and nodded your head.
Lisa flashed you a stunning smile.
'You're a legend!'
She winked before rushing off to god knows where.

'Floor ten...'
You mumbled to your self before getting up from your seat.
You looked at your surroundings to see where the elevator was and groaned when you noticed it was right at the end near the stairs.

'Effort...'
You sighed and got up from your chair.
When walking to the elevator you began to realise that workers were almost all females, females who looked like they haven't slept since they were in their early 20's, messy hair, big bags, skin that was breaking out.

How odd you though while pressed the button to open the silver doors.

'Floor...10'
You spoke to yourself and pressed the one button out of the many others.
The journey was surprisingly quiet quick as no one had joined you, perhaps they were just all busy.
When the doors began to open you though back to his Lisa was telling you this was the floor for all the seniors and important people and was honestly, unpleasantly shocked when you saw that it was an all males floor.

Once you stepped out of the elevator you looked around playing to see at least one female in sight but was sadly disappointed to only more men.

'Maybe the female workers are somewhere else or on their break'
You thought to yourself before doing what Lisa had asked you to do and went searching for office no.690.

The office was tucked away quite far down the almost dark hallways that was decorated with sculptures or paintings.
The door of the office stood tall, the number 690 almost perfectly displayed in gold right at the top centre.
You remembered Lisa words and knocked on the door several times and stood back.

After a few long, silent seconds the door creaked opened to reveal a face of a person you really didn't want to see.

'(Y/N)?'

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I know Lisa isn't a blond anymore but just work with me pls.

my baby out here looking like a whole snack.

When this book hits 16k reads I'm revelling my ugly ass faces to Y'all...ima regret this