c h a p t e r | f o u r t y

(A/N: Reads are going down drastically. Does anyone still read/enjoy this story? I do still have an entire plot planned out.)

Brielle's POV

A month. That's all they had. One month until John, Alex, Laf and Hercules go back to war with my father.

And that moment turned into three weeks pretty fast, each day going by quicker.

The Schuyler sister's and I were planning girls day out, but I spent a lot of days teaching classes at the dance building.

We were also planning many days for our entire group to get together and spend as much time together as we could.

But this entire first week was spent with work purposes. Hercules was held up at his tailor shop, soldiers getting uniforms sewn, women getting dresses hemmed.

Lafayette was already planning a few days to go to France, for he was constantly writing letters between his general back in the army there.

Alex never left his study, Eliza informed me. They had gotten there own place in Harlem right after the war.

And then there was John.

He was never home.

I went over to his house from my father's frequently just to find no one home.

I know he said he had been working side jobs to support us financially. He wanted me to move in before the war continues. But, he had to have some free time too.

So basically I was hopeless. Spending my days doing chores and reading, longing for my friends.

I mean, even the Schuyler sisters had excuses and plans daily!

So here I am sat, reading the same book I read 3 times this week.

John's POV

One month was all I had. A month to propose and have a wedding, and for her to move in with me.

Everyday I spent working side jobs and even helping Herc at the Tailor Shop. At night, I met up with the Schuyler's as we planned the proposal. (A/N: Idk how he's gonna propose yet. If you have any ideas, I'd be happy to include them! Need them ASAP tho.)

They helped me pick out a beautiful ring and pick a day for the proposal.

That day was tomorrow.

Oh boy.

(A/N: SHORT CHAPTER SO SORRY, I'LL MAKE THE NEXT ONE SUPER LONG.)