Chapter 15

Chapter 15

After a few moments, Robbie finally gives in and puts his seatbelt on. Sighing with relief, I pull out of the drive way and head towards the alleyway where I had first found Jess.

"She said it's just 'round the corner from here. That way." I point in the direction she had once warned me about, checking my phone for the time.

"It's 5 o'clock, so... We have just under 2 hours, before he gets home at 7. You ready?" After a moment, Robbie nods stepping forward and poking his head around the corner.

"22. The house number. Number 22." We notice the side were the even numbers are and begin scanning across the doors.

"14, 16, 18, 20..." And then I see it. Her house. In reality, it looks no different to any others. But from my point of view, knowing what happened in that house... It looks as though the only thing surrounding it is darkness as a grey cloud hangs over-head whilst the perfectly normal tree guarding the window suddenly seems dark, mysterious with weak branches hanging and swaying in the rough winds.

"Is it that one?" Robbie nudging me brings me from my thoughts, pointing to the house. I nod, swallowing deeply.

"Marky are you sure you want to do this? All for a passport?" Robbie asks me.

"Yes I'm sure. She needs that passport."

"But-"

"Please Rob. For me?" He sighs deeply, nodding as he slowly starts to walk towards the house, ordering me to stay where I am.