Chapter 12; Last part.

A.N

And so there was another chapter born.

You screamed a little looking at the hand of Danny that just seconds ago still had had a body attached to it. You kicked your leg and the hand flew a few feet away.

No disrespect of the dead or anything but a hand that held your ankle... just a hand, no that was too much.

Ryan fell down next to you and grabbed your shoulders to turn you to face him. You looked at him trying to focus your hazy sight.

You could hear Eric throw up at the other side.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt, did he bite you?" Ryan asked sounding worried.

All you could do was stare for a moment trying to progress what just happened and how the hell you were still alive. You hugged him tightly around the neck. For some reason you were so happy to see him save and next to you here, you calmed down a lot by just knowing that. You pulled away a bit from each other. Ryan was actually really handsome. He had beautiful blue eyes. Like it was what you were supposed to do you inched closer to him and so did he. You were so close now your noses almost touched. Your heart was beating fast from both the adrenaline and Ryan self.

Just when you were about to kiss Mark dropped your blanked over your shoulders and startled you. Ryan and you moved away from each other and avoided looking each other in the eye.

'You almost kissed him! what are you doing! like there is time for a good romance right now?!' You thought to yourself as you wanted to kick your own leg.

Mark helped you up and rubbed your shoulders while looking at Ryan.

"I'll go fill the bottles we have with water for the rest of the journey." Ryan said unsure and walked away.

You just wanted to call out to Ryan not to because that animal could still be there when Mark spoke.

"It's all right. Than creature has already had his dinner so he won't come back so fast. We need the water (y/n), we can't risk going without."

You wanted to protest but he gave you no change and pulled you with him to the edge.

"I have a daughter too you know. She is you age and you resemble her greatly. I miss her every day. I'm sorry if I'm treating you like you are my daughter." He said and all the protests you had had in your mind slipped away.

You missed your dad and he was sort of the father figure right now. Of course you still didn't wanted Ryan to go near that lake, but Ryan seemed to be fine with it so you just left it and walked with Mark.

The man had filled up all the bottles and you had apologized like a thousand times to Patsy for kicking her in the stomach. She didn't seem to mind though. She kept on saying the same.

"It's all right my darling (y/n). I asked faith what she wanted to do with me and she send you the message to save me. I am grateful you followed it." She smiled.

"But I brutally kicked you in the stomach! You know what! If your fine with it so am I. Does it hurt though?" You asked still feeling a little guilty.

She nodded she was all right and jumped up. She started dancing again. Yup, she was all right already.

The night was almost there and once again the sky had turned a beautiful colour red. Mark had suggested to get away from the lake and well, like expected nobody of us had any problem with that. The bottles of water had been filled and we all had one for ourselves hanging from our bags. You walked next to Ryan again thinking of what happened at the lake. The loos hand from Danny had been buried shallowly and Mark had taken his bag and spear. He said we could still use them and seeing Danny couldn't anymore we took them and Alissa's stuff with us. Your blanked was back in you bag and the bow and quiver around your shoulders.