Connor Murphy x Reader: Never Ever Getting Rid of Me

(Just so you know, this is basically a continuation of When He Sees Me.)

_________________________________________________________________________________

Connor landed on the floor with a thud. "Damn, falling down stairs hurts a lot more than I thought." He said to himself, rubbing his head.  "Connor!" He heard your voice shout as you ran down the stairs. "Are you alright?" You said, checking his face for any injuries. He laughed, and you stood up, helping the taller boy up as well.

He shook out his hair, and a smile came to his face when he heard the music coming from upstairs. "Mind telling me what song is playing?" You ran upstairs, grabbing your phone. "Never Ever Getting Rid of Me from Waitress. Why?" He smiled in response. "Just take the mixed bouquet and leave, just leave!"

"Dawn! I will never let you let me leave I promise I'm not lying. Go ahead ask anybody who has seen me trying, I'm not going." He crossed his arms. "If it seems like I did I'm probably waiting outside." He pointed behind himself with his thumb. "Such a stubborn man you'll likely never meet another. When we have our family dinner you can ask my mother, she's the best."

"You'll learn all about her on our family history test." Connor looked very determined all of a sudden. "I'm gonna do this right, show you I'm not moving. Wherever you go, I won't be far to follow oh oh.  I'm gonna love you so, you'll learn what I already know. I love you means you're never, ever, ever getting rid of me."

"You can try, oh, but I, I love you means you're never, ever, ever getting rid of me!" You had never seen Connor have a grin this bright before, but you could quickly get used to it. "I grew up an only child in a suburb of the city, spent my days alone my only friend was a stray kitty called Sardine." Evan and Alana sang the backup part.

"I thought it was hilarious to call a cat a kind of fish,"  he scratched the back of his neck, almost embarrassed by the statement. "She played hard to get hissing while she scratched me

What she was trying to say was "Ogie come and catch me," you walked away a little bit, and sat down on the couch, but he followed you. "I learned quickly, perseverance stood between a cat and her new best friend, me!" He took both of your hands, his smile becoming more gentle than it was before. I mean, he rarely smiles at all, but you get the point.

"Oh, I'm gonna do this right, show you I'm not moving! Wherever you go, I won't be far to follow, oh oh, I'm gonna love you so. You'll learn what I already know," you were almost certain that Alana was video taping the entire thing, but you were also certain that you had never seen Connor more happy in his life.

You couldn't tell if it was just the lyrics making him so smiley, or if that was just him. "I love you means you're never, ever, ever getting rid of me. You can try, oh, but I-" Evan came in as the chef part. "I love you means bla bla bla yip yip yep, now get back to work!" You giggled slightly at the line.

Connor came in with his best opera voice, which was very overdramatic, but you laughed anyway. "You can try, oh, but I," You had stood up, and he followed suit, pulling you in by the waist. "I love you means you're never, ever, ever getting rid of me." He kissed you lightly on the nose, sending you into a fit of laughs and a lot of blushing.

A smirk came to your face, when you asked, "What was that for, Murphy? I didn't think you were the kind of guy to give a gal like me nose kisses." (Yep, your author has a southern twinge, even in her writing. HELP.) He grinned slightly. "Can't I give the best girl in the world a kiss?" "Hey!" Alana shouted, causing the two of you to look over at her pouting face.

"You're cool too." "What about me?" Evan asked, causing the taller boy to sigh in annoyance, throwing his head back. "Goddammit, everyone's cool! There." "Even Jared?" You teased. "Yes, even Jared. Now if I could get back to what I was saying." You laughed slightly as Connor shook his head, rolling his eyes.

"You know, it's a pretty good bad idea." He gave you a smirk. "Did you just make a Waitress reference?" "Yep." By this point, you had wrapped your arms around Connor too, so that your arms weren't crushed. He rested his chin on top of your head, something you never let anyone do, but you made an acceptation in his case.

"I love you Shorty."

"I'm only short compared to you because you're six foot you jackass." You replied, hugging him. A smile came to your face. "You're still short." "You think I don't know that?" "You also happen to be one of the most annoying people I know, besides Jared." "Aww. I'm not worse than Jared? That's sweet." "You're still pretty annoying though."

"And you're tall, so we're even." Connor laughed, looking back down at you in confusion. "How the hell does that make us even?" You giggled. "Because I said so." He rolled his eyes,  but still had a lovestruck look. "So... are you two a thing now... or what?" Alana asked. You looked back at the taller boy.

"I guess I'm stuck with you now, Murphy." "What the hell do you mean you're stuck with me?" "You know what I mean, jackass." Evan and Alana high fived. "T-Thank G-God. Y/N, you have n-no idea h-how long I-I've had to listen to C-Connor ramble a-about you." Connor turned red at the comment.

"What did he tell you about me?" "Evan no." Evan smiled, pulling out his phone. "What the hell are you pulling your phone out for?" Evan shrugged. "I f-figured if y-you didn't have the c-courage to a-ask her out, then I-I'd play her the audio of what you said to me earlier." Connor instantly became horrified.

"Evan Hansen, I swear to God, if Jared ever knows what I said, I will not hesitate to kill you." The smaller boy shrugged. "R-Relax, you c-clearly did the j-job yourself, so I didn't have to play the tape to her." He stood up. "B-But if y-you hurt Y/N in any w-way, s-shape, or f-form, this might end up being sent to J-Jared." Connor sighed, looking back at you.

"I wouldn't dream of it."