two

The moment I set foot inside the school I saw Brooke approach me at a galactic speed

       The moment I set foot inside the school I saw Brooke approach me at a galactic speed. In that moment I had a very strong urge to duck and roll to avoid impact. But before I even had the chance to do anything I was being crushed to fine dust.

  "Can't breathe... Let... Go... Air... Now!"

     I managed to choke out before my life ended at an uneventful 17. Seriously what was with the dramatics! I looked her up and down with a very scrutinizing gaze.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Nothing... Just checking for battle scars or something. Well your limbs are all in place. Must've been your brain then."

I concluded matter of factly. Brooke chuckled and went along just as I had expected.

"Oh yeah! It went MIA. They've sent an entire search party. Should hear something soon."

        As we started walking towards our first class a familiar arm was slung over my shoulder. As he fell in step Brooke was the first to greet him.

"Hey Parker! You seem cheery today."

       Aaron gave her a cheeky grin and continued walking. As we continue walking towards our first class which we fortunately all shared, Brooke started poking me in the ribs. Before I could ask why though, I saw him there. Zach was perched on his desk talking animatedly to his friends. It was actually an amusing sight.  He was so engrossed in his story I actually was tempted to go and sit in front of him and listen to his story all day long. His dimples kept making tempting appearances as he spoke. His eyes were twinkling. He seemed happy. Genuinely happy.

                I was brought out of my trance when Aaron coughed very near to my ear, very loudly. Gosh was he annoying. I glared at him and made my way towards my seat. Aaron and Brooke took their seats on my either side. 

"Just because I tease doesn't mean I approve. Just FYI."

             Brooke informed me. I looked at her, then looked at Zach. I was weighing my options here. I could either defend myself and get into a long drawn out and most definitely biased debate, or I could just shrug it off. The second option made much more sense. I didn't think I could get into an argument with both Aaron and Brooke and make it out alive. 

"It's just a stupid crush, Brooke. Doesn't mean I have to do anything about it." I shrugged. 

Yet I kept stealing glances at Zach. One time he actually spotted me and waved. But that was that, because our teacher entered right after. He quickly settled into his seat only after mouthing something suspiciously close to 'we'll talk later'.  So Zach wanted to talk to me. Very specifically. Interesting.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Amelia