four

I finally acknowledged the fact that I was lost, when I passed the same shop, probably the third time

  I finally acknowledged the fact that I was lost, when I passed the same shop, probably the third time. I had confidently told Zach that I'll easily find my way. He had sent me the location. But since my phone got all feverish whenever i turned the GPS on, i had to rely on my trusty direction sense. And I really was confident I'll find my way, I had been to this neighborhood a couple times earlier after all. Seems like I was gravely mistaken. I finally swallowed my pride and called him.

"How's my dear Columbus? Nearing the end of your adventure yet?"

And he had to rub it in my face. Nice. I was so tempted to turn around and go back and never even think about Zach out of embarrassment but even to do that I needed directions. But I had no one to blame except myself.

"I dropped my compass in the ocean. Care to assist?"

"Where you at?"

"I'm outside Marty's. The hardware store..."

    Thankfully Zach decided to be nice. Actually he's always nice anyway, and gave me the directions. In the next 5 minutes I was standing on his doorstep. He was already there waiting for me. I gave him an exhausted smile and followed him into the house. As if suddenly remembering something he stopped and turned around looking a little abashed. He scratched the tip of his nose and said awkwardly,

"Actually there's a slight change of plans. Instead of a bunch of friends it's just you and me since my friends decided to ditch at the last moment."

     Wow awkward! And talk about timing! Was I imagining this or were these signs? If I wasn't worried about embarrassing my very reason for a happy dance I would've done it. But for now I just silently followed him to the living room which had their giant home theater set-up. Zach's house was just about as big as mine. There was a comfy couch right in front of the TV and nice plush armchairs on either sides. We sat down on the sofa keeping a comfortable distance. I knew my cheek were getting steadily warmer and I was definitely blushing. I just hoped he'd be too busy fidgeting with the TV to notice. Suddenly my phone pinged. I looked down to see it was a message from Aaron.
What's up?
      And he knew exactly what was up. I had told him about our plan to watch Sherlock together. But that's the thing about Aaron. If he's bored he doesn't really care.

Ttyl

You should've just hung out with me instead

I'm watching Sherlock. Nothing trumps that.

I'm better company

Someone who doesn't like Sherlock can't possibly be worthy company.

Hey!

I simply rolled my eyes and promptly put my phone down but it pinged again.

Knock knock.

God was he persistent!

Come in!

      I could already imagine Aaron's face at his ruined joke. It was fun and pretty easy to annoy him. I was smiling over my small victory when Zach came and sat next to me.

"Whatcha smiling about?"

         I simply shook my head and decided to focus on my two favorite guys instead. Sherlock and Zach.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Zach