nine

I'm gonna sue them

I'm gonna sue them. I'm gonna sue all those evil romance writers out there.

-The girl harbors feelings for the guy.
-They spend alone time.
-The guy looks breathtaking
-The setting is beyond romantic
-The guy confesses his feelings to the girl.
-Bam! Scene ends.

But what if... this confession is really ill timed and you have an entire meal to go through. I really couldn't catch a break, could I!
When Zach told me that he liked me I was surprised and happy and giddy and flushed and a bunch of other feelings. I was over the moon! Which lasted about 5 seconds because I saw that Zach was patiently looking at me for some sort of a response.
Shit shit shit shit. Say something, anything! Oh God Amelia react will you!

"Haha... You're so nice. I mean like this is so beautiful. You are beautiful. No no sorry handsome. Ummm it was a joke wasn't it? Oh God... I like you too."

Yet Zach didn't laugh at my flustered state. He simply smiled at me with his kind eyes and those sweet dimples. He slowly, ever so slowly inched his hand closer to mine and very carefully rested his fingers on the back of my hand, hesitantly sliding a thumb below it. He kept gazing into my eyes and I wouldn't dare to blink. I had just realized that my crush on this guy wasn't as casual as I'd portrayed it previously and I couldn't dare let him doubt me.
This was not supposed to happen right now. I was supposed to be at my door step, or an airport or any place where I had an immediate exit. Damn those movies. Never showing the essential parts like how to respond. What was the protocol for these situations now. Do we leave? Do we kiss? Do we just ignore what happened and continue our previous conversation? Do we get all mushy or something? Should I dive into the river right now? As if to make things worse my stomach grumbled. Boy was I hungry!
And thus I endured the most awkward half hour of my life!
After we'd finished eating mostly in silence, crickets filling the blank spaces, Zach dropped me off near Mazzala where I'd parked my car originally. So I wasn't even going to get my good night kiss where I vanished behind my door as he stares at my retreating back. Instead he sees me trying to remember frantically where the hell I'd parked my car.

Brooke laughed her head off at my narration. What a friend! And Aaron simply made a sour face.
Despite being friends with almost the entire class and loved by all, Aaron had a surprisingly clean slate in the dating department. He had also been pretty awkward during my 2 previous relationships as well. Although they had been chaste to the point of platonic. Not that the guys hadn't shown interest, I was just too much of a wimp, and whenever they got close I'd just start dragging around Brooke and Aaron everywhere as a buffer.

This time though, I swore it would be different. If only I had a definite confirmation that this was in fact an actual relationship.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Brooke