thirteen

Brooke slid out of the car right after Aaron

     Brooke slid out of the car right after Aaron. Both of them trying to be as discreet as possible. This is it. I called it before anyone else, I'm taking credit on their wedding.

    I had an inkling that there could be something brewing between the two. The way they were always together, how they agreed on most things, how they teamed up against me... I knew there was something fishy there! I'll like to see Aaron complain about my dating now... Sneaky little bastards.
     I was surprised how I hadn't noticed that they were already dating though. They were even wearing matching outfits and all. Eww too far I'd say. Although their choice of color was a little questionable. Who wears all black to dates!
     Zach gasped audibly next to me. He looked far more shocked than me.

"You knew about this?"

    He had an incredulous look on his face and I could barely contain my donkey braying laughter.

"I could've guessed..."

    I tried to sound nonchalant. But even I was a little shocked to see that things had already gone this far. Zach started getting out to go talk to them and again I grabbed his hand pulling him back.

"Hey! Don't make them conscious. They maybe failing miserably but you can see they are trying to be discreet. Let's not blow it up for them."

   Zach nodded in understanding and we headed out the other exit. If Aaron wanted to take Brooke on a date he could at least be creative and not simply copy our plan.

    We went to the ticket booth and got our tickets. I couldn't see my two sneaky best friends anymore but I was here to enjoy Zach's company, so I decided to focus on him.

"Shall we?"

     He asked holding out his arm and I looped mine with his.

"We shall."

   This was nice. I had never actually noticed just how comfortable I was with Zach. Sure I almost went into cardiac arrest at his slightest touch. Sure people thought I was losing my ability to speak. Sure if I died early it all would've been because of Zach's beautiful dimpled smile... But I didn't regret a moment of it.
      We went inside and found a seat right in the center of the middle row. Just the right spot to watch a movie. As the movie began I noticed Brooke and Aaron slip into the corner seat a couple rows behind us. Corner seats huh! I was mainly focused on the movie and Zach who kept cracking jokes every now and then. In all honesty the jokes were really lame, but when he whispered them into my ears I got ticklish and laughed inspite of myself.
      After a while I felt the need to munch on something and volunteered to get popcorn. Zach was so engrossed in the movie by then that I really didn't feel like disturbing him.
      I had just gotten my tub of caramel popcorn, when I turned to find Aaron coming out of the men's room. We both saw each other and I knew a conversation was inevitable. Aaron visibly paled at my sight. Such dramatics

"So.... You and Brooke huh? I knew it!"

"It's.. it's not what you think..."

    Aaron was pretty much mumbling. I didn't understand why he was so ashamed of this. Sure they hid it from me but I was fine with it.

"Aaron really.... I'm actually happy for you guys! You have no idea how long I've been rooting for you two!"

"Millie really we're not together and this isn't what you think!"

"Oh yeah? Then what is it? Are you here to keep a watch on me?"

At this Aaron's eyes became the size of a saucepan! He was fumbling for words.

"Nonono... It's not that.. really no. I would never.. Oh God! I'm not here because of you I promise."

I couldn't contain my laughter anymore...

"I know silly! Brooke must be waiting. Now let's just enjoy our respective dates."

Aaron let out a frustrated sigh and I couldn't see where that was coming from.

"Really Amelia! This is not a date and I don't like Brooke! Are you really this dense or do you do this on purpose!"

      This was definitely not the reaction I was expecting. I didn't see why he was so pissed at me when he was the one on a date with Brooke. Either way I decided to let it go and we headed back in. They had a lot of explaining to do.

____________________________________
Mwahahaha! Shipping people is so much fun! Having extensive practice helps too...
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my dearest friend for being the inspiration for this story.