xiv. Carpet Diem

Y/n's pov

Last night while everyone was asleep I got up and retrieved the portrait of all of us Grunkle Stan gave me for my birthday and I slid the picture of me and Dipper in the frame where no one could see it.

This morning I sat on my bed sitting next to Waddles watching the World Series for Attic Stuff Mini Golf. I was tempted to play but they made the rules up as they went and it got too frustrating for me. That, and I hate golf.

Just as I thought I was about to fall asleep because of how boring it was, Dipper hit the golf ball through the window and hit Grunkle Stan in the head outside.

"Yes, Stan Shot! Is that legal?" Dipper asked, his golf club lowering from his cheering.

They turned to us and Waddles was chewing on the score.

"The judges say it's ok." I said referring to me and the pig.

The twins started poking each other with their golf clubs until they were interrupted by Mabels clock. "Hey guys, I gotta hang out with Candy and Grenda tonight."

I stood up and made my way towards Dipper who was standing alone because Mabel walked away.

"Aw, again? You can't leave mid game." Dipper said, sounding torn.

"It's against the rules Ms. Mabel." I added.

"Don't be silly. I'm not leaving. My friends are coming to me!"

At that moment, Dipper and I noticed all the girly things brought out from Mabel. Oh no not a...

"SLEEPOVER!"

Candy and Grenda came bursting into the room screaming. I hurriedly grabbed any necessary things from my part of the room and ran out the door and closed it behind me, leaving Dipper inside and heavily breathing.

That was close.

Just as I thought I was safe, Dipper ran out the door, past me, and left the door wide open. Then the other girls saw me and before I could run, Grenda grabbed me and pulled me in.

I'm dead. They're gonna kill me.

•••

The whole entire night I was forced to listen to boy drama and everything possible a girl could talk about. When they all started screaming I tried walking away but was stopped by Dipper who was also trapped by Grenda and dragged into this.

"If I have to stay through this so do you." He said seriously, making me want to laugh at our misfortune.

Dipper and I got up, sitting on the edge of his bed as we overlooked the overly hyper girls.

"How about we play truth or dare!" It was Candy who spoke up, loudly.

"How about no." I replied with a roll of my eyes.

"Too bad!" Mabel added and they all gathered below me and Dipper.

"Who's going first?" Grenda asked and Mabel pointed to Dipper, who shook his head.

"Dipper, truth or dare." Grenda asked, giggling with the other two girls and glancing at me whispering things.

Dipper groaned in annoyance. "Do I have-"