xxi. Not What He Seems

Y/n's pov

It's been a week or so since Dipper asked me out and he's been taking me on cute little dates whenever we weren't busy with fighting creatures or following some mysterious clue in the journal.

I could feel that we were getting closer and closer to unlocking the big mystery going on.

•••

I woke up to a bright flashing light from before, only this time it was quick and almost unnoticeable.

Curious, I walked downstairs and saw that the vending machine in the Shack was glowing from something behind it. I tried moving it out of the way but it wouldn't budge which made me even more curious.

I went to look for Soos's tool box he usually leaves laying around and when I found it I pulled out the crowbar and headed back for the vending machine. With a few tries, I finally got the vending machine to move but instead of finding a wall I saw stairs spiraling down to some room where the flashing bright lights where illuminating the newly discovered hallway.

I picked up the crowbar I had dropped and headed down the stairs with the tool raised. As I got closer, I heard some alarming noises started to go off and I thought I caused them but when no one was in sight, I mentally thanked god.

A little shaky, I walked around the corner to face whatever was making the noise and what I saw was unbelievable.

"Warning. Blah blah blah. Extreme usage could result in minor gravity anomalies. Can it, I've come this far. I'm not giving up now." Stan stood hovering over a panel, reading something.

What does he mean he's come this far? Whatever he's doing sounds incredibly dangerous.

"Stan?" I lowered my crowbar and tilted my head.

He immediately turned around and gasped at the sight of me and fumbled with something behind him and it fell on the ground. Journal number one?

Stans eyes widened. "Kid, what are you-"

He was cut off by some triangle looking thing with a glowing circle in it with symbols lighting up around it from behind him, which started to activate. Something started spiraling inside of the glowing circle and everything started lifting into the air like there was no gravity.

After a few seconds, everything fell back onto the ground and my crowbar was no where in sight.

"What is all of this?" I asked, still not moving from my spot with my jaw clenched.

"Look, this isn't what it seems. I-I-I can explain."

I fixed my stance and walked a couple steps closer to him. "You better."

He picked up journal number one and then put it in a cupboard filled with other books as he turned back to me.

"Y/n. I know this looks really bad, but it's not. This is for something very important to me that's coming in the future."

I thought about what Bill said before. "Something coming in the future? Something big! Stan if your hiding something that could hurt us-"

His eyes widened and acted as if he was really trying to reach out to me about something but couldn't tell me what. "No, no. It's nothing bad. Yeah, it might cause gravity to change but I swear, you have to trust me. You can't tell the others."

"Why can't I? Are you the reason the agents shown up before? You've been acting weird for awhile and I never knew why." I backed up a step because I was starting to get worried. "I don't know what all of this is but I won't tell anyone. I owe you that. If this blows up in my face later, then I swear Stanford-"