xxiii. Its a Date

Dipper's pov

Y/n has been the best. I never knew Mabels advice would actually help me in the end. After everything that has happened I don't know how to repay her for how much she's been there for me.

I know taking her out for a magical night after the whole 'Bill taking over my body thing' was just the beginning. She deserves the world and I'm happy she's deciding to open up to me more often.

After Ford got here I've been growing a bit more distant with her and I feel bad because I don't want to loose her. So I'm taking her out on a surprise date.

I put on my usual clothing and walked down the the living room where I knew she'd be in the morning, eating her favorite cereal. I smiled at the thought of morning Y/n. She was so precious.

I walked into the living room and I saw Y/n wasn't there. The roof.

I climbed up the ladder and poked my head out and saw her asleep with her laptop on her lap. She was watching her favorite show again.

I picked up her laptop and tried waking her up. "Y/n. N/n! You gotta wake up!"

She didn't even flinch. I sighed and went into the kitchen, grabbed her favorite cereal and went back up to where she was. I rattled the box and threw it off the side of the roof and I smiled as I saw Y/n wake up.

"Why did you do that!" She almost slapped me but when she saw it was me she put her hand down and laughed. I laughed with her and she laid on her back again.

"You really are something." I told her as I laid next to her and turned my head to hers while she closed her eyes and didn't notice my gaze.

I realized she was asleep again. "N/n, your lucky I love you."

I sat up and started to walk back downstairs but I heard her say, "Haha, love you too, Dip."

When I closed the door I heard her making her way after me and while she passed me she told me she was going to get ready for the day. I waited for her to come back down so I could take her out.

•••

After a long hour of waiting for Y/n to get ready, she came walking down with her hair curled but in a messy bun and she had a tie dye crop top on with sporty shorts that went to her mid-thigh and her normal white Nike socks with sandals.

She plopped next to me and sighed. "Take a picture it lasts longer."

I laughed and looked at her. "Lets go." I said as I got up and slid my shoes on and pulled her up off of the couch by her hand.

"Where are we going?"

I gave her a smirk and tipped my hat. "Looks like your gonna have to trust me and find out."

She rolled her eyes and took my hand as we left the Shack.

As we walked through town we wouldn't stop talking about everything and every now and then I would get an elbow to my arm but I didn't care.

"Where are we going anyway?" Y/n asked as she gave me a 'tell me or else' look and I just shrugged and looked forward with a smile.

"I don't know." I lied and out of the corner of my eye I could see her open her mouth and I laughed, still looking forward.

She's took my hat off and when I tried to get it back she ran away and I followed after her, laughing.

After Y/n finally stopped running and she put my hat on her head, backwards, which she looked hot in, I remembered where I was taking her and started walking in that direction again.