xvi. Dreamscaperers

Y/n's pov

Today in Gravity Falls there was nothing but rain. Mabel, Dip and I were upstairs playing board games while water dripped from the ceiling.

"Kids! Come quick! I need you to laugh at this with me!"

We ran downstairs as I looked at the tv and saw Gideon and instantly laughed while I sat on the armchair with Stan.

"He's always trying to trick me into loosing the Mystery Shack!" Stan continued, relaxing in his chair more.

"One time I caught him using my moisturizer." Wendy said while walking behind me, then Soos joined.

"And yet our mutual hatred for him bonds us together."

I returned my attention back to the tv as Gideon's tent was smashed onto the Shack.

What a hilarious attempt on trying to intimidate us.

"Should we be worried about that?" Dipper turned around asking.

"Please. The only way Gideon is getting the Shack is if he breaks in and steals the deed." Stan replied confidently.

Some rummaging around and crashing noises were made from the direction of the safe.

"You mean like that?" I asked worriedly.

Stan got up along with Soos and the others and I took that as my chance to steal the remote and turn on what I wanted to watch on the tv.

•••

A little after the 'rodent' incident we were all gathered around the tv watching some stupid show until Soos walked in. "Dudes there's a bat in the kitchen! It tried to touch me with its little bat fingers."

"Don't worry I got this under control." Stan said while reclining his chair. "Dipper take care of it."

I laughed along with Mabel because Dipper was always chosen to do chores around the Shack.

"What? Why do I have to do it?" Dipper whined, furrowing his brows together.

"'Cause life ain't fair. Now go fight a bat so we can watch tv." Stan finally stated, pointing at the kitchen.

After a minute of the two fighting Dipper finally caved in and went into the kitchen with gear but came out in terrible conditions.

•••

We sat in the kitchen patching Dipper back up from the bat.

"Why does Grunkle Stan always pick on me? Think about it. The more painful or difficult the chore is the more likely it is I'll have to do it. Why doesn't he pick on you guys?"

I finished patching up his one arm and sat on the table beside him.

"Dipper, Stans personality is one of life's great mysteries. Like whether or not you can lick your own elbow." Mabel brought up, instantly challenging Soos to a licking elbow contest and they walked out of the room.

Dipper looked down at his lap and started talking again. "Sometimes I feel like Stan hates me." He then looked at a picture of Stan then at me. "Dip, come on you know that's not true."

I put my hand on his shoulder and he just looked down. Aw, man, I don't know what to do in these kind of situations.

"The sinks clogged! Dipper! Come in here and fix it!" Stan yelled up at him and he picked up his Nyarf gun and quickly, quicker than humanly possible, shot the bullet at Stans face in the picture and it landed right on his nose. I sighed and watched as he stormed away.