xix. Into the Bunker

Dipper's pov

After having a movie night with Wendy at her house I asked her to come on a mystery hunt with me, Mabel, and Y/n.

I decided to hang out with Wendy because Y/n was off with her friends who I thought were creepy, especially that Barbara girl.

I was now in front of Mabel, Soos, and Y/n who ditched Lucas for this, which I was happy about but kind of nervous because I invited Wendy.

I think my feelings for Wendy were starting to come back which wasn't good at all but I think Y/n was starting to like Lucas anyway because he would flirt with her in front of me and it really got...me...weird?..so I would hang out with Wendy. It was a bad habit I started to get used to.

Just as Y/n was about to give her suggestion Wendy pulled up on her bike yelling, "Chop it down!"

I saw Y/n roll her eyes. Crap.

"Wendy!" Mabel cheered and I waved to her to be friendly.

"You came!" I said surprised, actually dying inside.

She took off her helmet and set it on her bike and walked towards us. "I'm so stoked about this. I've been wanting to go adventuring with you guys. It beats picking up after my dad at home. Thanks for the invite man." She ran towards the tree and Y/n walked towards me and Mabel.

"Of course! Anytime you wanna-I-I'm-We're always-haha-us. Haha." I froze. What the hell am I doing?

I felt Y/n poke my chest, ouch. "Uh oh. Someone's in love." She teased and I felt guilty.

Mabel continued teasing me a little too loud. "Inviting Wendy on this mission? Me thinks there's romance a foot!"

"No. Look Mabel I thought this threw and I'm over Wendy. I've looked at it from every angle and that thing was going no where. I know what matters to me now and it's finding the author of this journal." I lied.

I knew Y/n wasn't buying it which made me even more nervous. Mabel laughed, clearly not buying it either.

"Your over Wendy? Allow me to put on my skepticals." Mabel held hand circles around her eyes. And when Y/n looked away she brand me closer to her and whispered, "What about Y/n?"

I pushed her away and didn't answer her question.

What about Y/n though?..I don't even know what she feels because she doesn't show it on her face most of the time and she's just one big mystery that I'm trying to figure out. I know she's hiding something from me but I don't know what...

After Wendy figured out how to open the passage to the secret hiding spot, Y/n took the lantern out of my hand and led the way, unfazed about how creepy the situation was.

She walked down the steps cautiously, though to make sure there was no traps or something that could get us killed.

"It looks like some kind of fallout shelter or something."

I looked to the sign beside me and saw a sign that said, 'Warning Fallout Shelter'. I continued walking through the room with Y/n, who still had the lantern.

"This is incredible! It's like he was preparing for a lifetime down here. Maybe for some kind of disaster but what kind of disaster needs supplies for over sixty years?"

Y/n then opened a drawer labeled 'weapons'. When she opened it a whole bunch of different weapons were revealed, including grenades.

She took some and put them in her backpack. "Cool. Definitely souvenir worthy." She then took out some nunchucks and hung them around her neck, I guessed for protection.