xviii. Scarky oke

Y/n's pov

I woke up to a bright light shining around.

Breathing heavily, I looked around to see if the others were awake, they weren't and it was 5 in the morning. Great, now I'm up.

I went downstairs for some breakfast but stopped after seeing another bright flash shine throughout the house. What the heck is happening?

I covered my eyes and waited for it to stop. Still a bit stunned I decided to get more sleep because that stupid light gave me the worst headache.

•••

"Welcome to the grand reopening of the Mystery Shack!" The Pines and I were standing outside of the Shack with a 'Grand Re-opening' banner above us while we listened to the crowd clapping.

Stan went on to talk about Gideon and stuff but when he came over to the three of us I realized he was giving us credit and I smiled.

"Smile for the real camera." Said the news lady and Mabel posed with her fingers on her cheeks, Dipper was choking himself, Stan had his hands up, and I tried dodging the photo. I probably just look like a blurry monkey in the photo but hey, at least they didn't get my face. I can't be seen on the news since I was supposed to go into a system but ran away and because I once had to steal something and got caught and escaped that too. I didn't tell Dipper that yet.

Am I a fugitive?

"Don't forget to come to the Afterparty tonight at 8!" Stan announced, a genuine smile for once not leaving his face.

"We're doing karaoke people! Mic! Music! And enchantment!" Mabel blew confetti into the crowd. "And a performance by our family band, Love Patrol Alpha!"

"I don't know."

"I didn't agree to this."

"Never."

•••

I was upstairs on my bed reading when Dipper pulled Mabel into the room and locked the door, turned Mabels stuffed animals around, shut the blinds, and turned on his lantern.

"Wha-" I started saying in my normal pitched voice but Dipper shushed me.

"We've got to talk. Almost loosing my journal made me realize that I'm halfway through the Summer and I'm still no closer to figuring out the big mysteries of Gravity Falls. Gideon almost destroyed the town to get his hands on this journal, but why? Who wrote it? Where are all the other journals? What was Bill talking about when he said everything was going to change? There's something huge going on right under our noses and it's time we stop goofing around and get to the bottom of it."

He does have a point, it feels like a chunk of a puzzle piece is hiding together and we just need to solve it. But how?

"You've looked at that thing like a bazillion times. There's nothing left to discover. Half the pages are blank, remember?" Mabel said, making my brows furrow.

I walked beside Dipper and saw that there was blank pages, that's weird did he just stop writing or did something happen? He wouldn't have stopped, it seems his whole life was in this journal, so what happens when there is no author to continue writing?

"I just feel like I'm one puzzle piece away from figuring out everything." Dipper said, flipping through the pages.

Exactly my thoughts.

"Don't worry, Dipper, lord Mystery Ham is on the case." Mabel made Waddles talk and I took the journal and looked through it.

Some parts it felt like lines were smoothed over the book but when I tried peeling at it, nothing happened. The glossy patterns almost felt like words but you couldn't see them so what else could they be? What if this eye glass looking thing could help. I picked up the eyepiece and looked through it but nothing happened so I closed the book and gave it back to Dipper.