xxii. A Tale of Two Stans

Y/n's pov

Stan was shocked. "Finally. After all these long years of waiting. Your actually here!"

I looked at Stan who was walking towards his brother with his arms open but his brother wasn't moving towards him or saying how happy he was to see him. Something between the two must have happened.

Out of no where, Stans brother punched Stan square in the jaw.

Stan cried out in pain but quickly recovered. "What the heck was that for?"

I stepped closer to the two to get a better look at Stans brother. He could be a threat. Since Stanley lied about his name being Stanford, I'm guessing that his brother was Stanford and Stan is Stanley.

Why do names have to be so complicated.

"This was an insanely risky move! Didn't you read my warnings?" Stanford snapped, everyone else in the room coming unnoticed to him.

"Warnings shmorning. How about a thanks for saving you from some kinda...I don't know...what is that? Some kind of sci-fi sideburn dimension?" Stan retorted, trying to get his brothers thanks.

Stans brothers face grew into a huge frown as they continued fighting and I looked at Dipper who's mouth was still dropped as he stared at the unidentified man.

Stanford continued arguing. "Thank you? You really think I'm going to thank you after what you did thirty years ago?!" He raised his voice even louder and took a step closer to Stan.

"What I did? Why you ungrateful-" Stan went for a punch but his brother moved out of the way just in time but Stan turned around and lunged at his brother, but again, he dodged it and took ahold of Stans hands behind his back.

I stopped closer with the rest joined my side as Stan laid on the ground on his stomach while Ford took ahold of him from above.

"What the hell is happening?" I spoke up, confused as to why they were fighting although Stan just helped his brother get back home.

They both got up and looked at each other then at us who were gathered in a line.

Stans brother particularly took a long look at me before speaking. "Stan you didn't tell me there were children down here."

I felt Dipper elbow me and I looked at him and shrugged.

"They're your family poin dexter." Stan said as a matter of fact.

Stanford put his hand to his chin and looked into my eyes and I grew very uncomfortable.

"I-I have a niece? And nephew?" Stanford started walking over to the twins who were beside me and gave me a curious look before he continued talking.

Does this guy know me? Am I supposed to know who he is and shower him with hugs because I've never seen this man before today.

Stanford bent down, shook Mabel's hand and they talked for some time. "I like this kid, she's weird." He smiled at Mabel who smiled back and when I looked over and saw Dipper about to cry tears of joy I almost laughed aloud but kept it inside.