Chapter 13

Alexis:

April 7. My birthday. I opened my eyes and last nights memories flooded back. Ashley showing me what I felt about Zayn.

I could never tell him. It would ruin our friendship if he didn't feel the same way that I felt. Ashley did say that he likes me back, but I couldn't believe that.

What of Zayn looked at me as a friend only? What if he was being protective over me and not jealous? What if Ashley was wrong in the end?

I sighed and rubbed my face. I had to act normal today or else I would be questioned. I got off of my bed and went through my closet.

I found blue skinny jeans and a black top. No, if I wore a black top I would look depressed. I couldn't show that. In the end I wore blue skinny jeans and a sea green top.

I went through my hair with my brush. As I did it became naturally straight. I grabbed my sea green converse and wore them. For some reason, I kept on wearing sneakers that matched with my shirt.

'Trying to impress Zayn.' Ashley's words kept on repeating in my head. No I wasn't. I took of my converse and wore dark blue vans. I didn't care how I looked. I didn't need to impress anyone.

********

Ashley:

The drive to the school was quiet. Today was my birthday and I was going to tell Harry my feelings. If I got rejected, I don't know what would happen. Maybe in the end we would still be friends. Who knows? I looked at Alexis who was so focused on driving.

"Alexis, I'm going to tell Harry my feelings for him." I said nervously.

Her face lit up and she said "Ashley, that is great news. You should do that. You have my support." Alexis raised her hand up in the air forming a fist. I laughed. "Oh, happy birthday!" she exclaimed.

"Thanks! You too." I said. We smile at each other and got out of the car once we reached the school. We had to drive today because the boys said they were busy.

We walked into the school and headed to our lockers. I opened mine and found a note in it. I opened it and it read: Meet us outside near the football field.

I showed Alexis the note and she just nodded. We went to the football field and noticed that nobody was there.

Alexis turned around and began walking away. I looked at her and looked back. I crumbled the note in my hand and headed back inside.

Alexis was waiting by the door and I looked at her. We stepped inside at the same time and confetti flew everywhere. "Happy Birthday!" said a bunch of voices.

Out came the five boys and one girl. Everyone had a grin on their face and we were shocked.

Alexis:

I was shocked. I wasn't prepared for this. More importantly where was the students and where were the teachers?

"How did you guys know?" I asked them.

"Ella!l Louis exclaimed patting Ella's head. She blushed and I smiled. Wait what was Louis doing here?

"Well see you guys later." Louis said waving bye to us. Wow Louis is so sweet. He came to school just to wish us. I wonder what he would do if it was Ella's birthday?

************

Class had begun 15 minutes ago. We walked in and the teacher said everyone's last name telling us that we were late. She even said Miss Green twice for me and Ashley. How much dumber can you get? She even told us that we were late over and over again. I mean we already knew that.

Class passed by quickly and it was lunch. Nowadays school passed by quicker. Time flies fast when your having fun!

I saw Ashley taking Harry somewhere. I guess it was about time she told him.

Ashley:

"Harry I need to tell you something."

"Yeah." he replied.

"I can't go out with you like this. This fake relationship is tearing me apart. You do things that makes me feel like its real, but then I remember that it all fake." I said. Harry didn't say anything so I continued.

"I like you a lot. More than you would ever know. I want us being together real, I don't want it to he fake. So in the end if you don't like me, I don't want to go on with this fa..."

Our lips pressed together an I felt the sparks that I felt on that night. The guy from 7 minutes in heaven was Harry and now I knew.

I kissed him back and then Harry slowly backed away. "Was that fake?" he asked. I didn't say anything so he continued.

"It wasn't fake. Everything I did to you wasn't fake. Whoever I intertwined our fingers, I did it with love for you. I never faked any of it and when I announced it to the class I..." I cut him off by giving him a peck on the lips.

"Alright, I get it." I said. My face was flushed and it was getting awkward.

"Sooooo. What are we?" I asked him looking down at my feet.

He gingerly lifted my face so that I was looking straight into his eyes. "We kissed three times and your still asking me that? We...are...a...couple." Harry said the last four words slowly and he never turned his gaze from my eyes.

I closed my eyes and he leaned in. We were about to kiss, but the bell rang. Alexis came running up to me and dragged me to the bathroom.

Alexis:

"What happened?" I asked her. Ashley blushed.

"We are a couple." she replied back. I almost jumped in glee. "What about you? Did you tell Zayn yet?"

"No I can't it would ruin our friendship and I don't want that."

"Well have you ever thought of the possibility that he likes you back? How can you just let him go? You finally found the one and your too afraid to tell him what you feel. What if some other girl comes and take him away? Alexis please tell him. You can deal with consequences later. I don't want you to lose Zayn" she said.

"I...but I don't know... what if he doesn't like me back...what if he hates me... I don't want that to happen. No I can't do this." I said walking out of the bathroom.

I walked into my next class and saw Zayn sitting next to Nicole again. What was with Nicole? What was her goal? I walked to an empty seat and sat down. Niall was next to me and he was doing math problems by himself. I was so proud of him.

School ended quickly and we didn't go tutor them. They decided to do their homework independently for today. Ashley and I had to stay after school for a half an hour explaining our progress with the boys.

Ella:

"Guys, thanks to Louis who decorated the house while we were at school, we just have to find good hiding places. When they come in, they should get a heart attack!" I said laughing.

"No way. I can't have Ashley die on me." Harry said with a frown. I rolled my eyes.

Louis and I hid in the coat closet while the boys found their own hiding spots. It was crowded on here and I could hear Louis's soft breathing.

Ashley:

We walked onto the front porch as I looked around for my keys. I couldn't find them. Maybe I left them at home or in my locker.

I looked at Alexis and said "No keys." she smirked and took out her keys. Alexis unlocked the door and...