Chapter 30

Alexis:

I was walking on the sidewalk next to Ashley. She had a distant look on her face. I wanted to ask her why she was being so quiet and less jumpy.

I met Ella in front of the door to the mall. "Where's Tiffany?" I asked.

"I don't know. Ask Ashley." Ella said. We both looked at Ashley who was so spaced out. This wasn't right. Usually I was the one that is spaced out. I don't know why, but it just happens.

I just start to look at the floor or ceiling and I think about nothing. At first Ashley would think that I was thinking about boys like this guy I had a crush on.

Actually it was a huge mistake to have a crush on him. After he found out because of his friends: rumors started and people thought I was telling other people that we were going out when I didn't even do anything. He assumed and now I'm afraid to run into him. Truth: I liked him, but now I think he is a asshole who has no life. To me and Ashley he is a herp-derp!

"Stop spacing out on me!" exclaimed Ella. I snapped back into reality and saw Ella shaking Ashley.

"So where is Tiffany?" I asked again.

"Huh...oh. She texted me and said she already bought the perfect dress and she can't come. Sorry. Plus I want to surprise you guys." Ashley said finally snapping back into reality.

"Oh. Ok. Let's find dresses anyway."Ella said slightly disappointed. I guess she wanted her advice on the dress too.

We headed into the first shop. It had many colorful dresses and my eye caught a black dress.

"Hey how about this one?" I asked the girls.

"Um sure. I guess." mumbled Ashley looking through the dresses sloppily.

"No way! Your not wearing black. You should wear light blue. It will match your hair and make your eyes pop out." Ella said taking the dress away from me.

I ignored her advice and looked at Ashley. "What is wrong with you today?" I asked.

"Huh.. Oh nothing and Ella is right." she said going through yellow dresses. What the hell? Ashley doesn't like yellow so why is she even looking there.

"There is something wrong. You have a distant look on your face and you keep on being spaced out. Your not even into this shopping and your not jumpy. Your looking at yellow dresses for Pete's sake!" I said probably yelling.

She looked taken back. I glanced around the room and saw people staring at us like we were aliens. "Um guys, I don't want to rain on your parade, but I think we should go somewhere else." Ella said with a nervous laugh.

"Yeah I guess." I said pulling Ashley out of the store. Ella was trailing behind us. I brought the girls to a table. I sat in front of Ashley and Ella sat next to me.

"Spill it." I said.

"Can Ella tell you?" she said.

"No I can't. I don't even know the full story. You have to tell Alexis by yourself. I'll go get lemonade." Ella said getting up and walking toward the lemonade stand.

"Ok well you know the algebra test that we got back." she started. I nodded.

"Well I got a..." she said.

"100!" I exclaimed.

"No I got a 0." Ashley said looking at her lap. Wait what? I just feel like I got slapped on the face. Ashley can't get a 0. She is probably bluffing.

"It's true. I got a 0. I even had a talk with Mr.Saxen. He said that I can't go to Harvard because of this one 0." she said.

"What the hell? How did you get a 0?" I asked. "Of course you can go to Harvard. One 0 ain't going to do anything."