Chapter 5

Alexis:

My hair was in a tangled mess. Using my brush I untangled the bird nest. In a matter of minutes my hair became its natural straight way. I got ready and decided to wear black leggings with an orange and white top that went slightly above my knees. I wore my orange vans and put a bit of mascara on. I wasn't feeling myself today. Me wearing make-up and matching clothes? That was impossible.

Before I could take off my sneakers Ashley pulled me out of my room. "OMG! You look amazing today. You t-took my a-advice and w-wore something that m-matches."

"Yeah, I guess I did." I said as I grabbed a poptart and headed toward the door. Snow trotted down the hallway and I bent down to pat her. I walked outside and my breath was knocked out of me. Snow came out behind me and started barking at them.

I bent down and said "Calm down. They're my friends." At my command Snow stopped barking and sat down. I trained her so well. Ashley came outside locking the door.

She turned around and said "What are you guys doing here?"

"We thought about picking you up while going to school. So you guys have a ride now." Harry said with a grin on his face.

"We always have a ride." I said pointing to my car.

Niall walked up while saying "Well let's go to school together from now on." He bent down and was about to pet her.

"Um...Niall, I don't think you should do that. She could bite you." I said.

Ignoring my comment Niall pet Snow on her back and she enjoyed it. To my surprise she didn't bark or bite.

"She likes you Niall." I said. Niall got up from the floor. "I'll go put her back inside the house."

With that I left them and put Snow inside. I patted her and closed the door behind me.

Ashley:

Alexis went to go put Snow back inside. I turned around and found Harry coming towards me. He swung his arm around my waist and led me to the car. I couldn't help but blush. Isn't this what boyfriends do to their girlfriends?

Alexis ran to Louis's car calling shotgun.

I heard Zayn whisper something in Louis's ear. Louis handed the keys to Zayn.

Alexis:

I ran to Louis's car calling shotgun. I opened the car door and slipped in. I rummaged through my bag to find some gum. I heard the car doors opening and everyone slid in. The engine started and Louis drove. I finally found the gum and popped a piece into my mouth.

"Louis do you want gum?" I said turning to the driver's seat. I saw Zayn smirking.

"You can drive?" I asked. He nodded.

I turned around to see Louis in the back. I took a piece out for Zayn and passed it to Ashley who passed one to everyone.

"Want one?" I asked.

"Yeah, can you put the piece in my mouth." he asked.

"Nope. Steer with one hand and use the other to put it in your mouth." I said with a smirk.

I heard the boys chuckling in the back. Zayn did as he was told, using one hand to steer.

I got my gum back from Ashley and slipped it back in my bag.

Ashley:

My heart was telling me that Alexis was playing hard to get, but my mind was telling me that she didn't know what she was doing. Alexis has never fallen in love before, but I'm getting hints that she is starting to fall in love with Zayn.

"We're here." whispered Harry into my ear. I felt his minty breath sting my ear.

We walked into the building. Louis had left. The boys grabbed a couple of books and so did Alexis.

"Aren't you going to get some books?" Harry asked me.

"Nope. I don't need them." I replied.

Alexis:

We were walking to class until I realized that I forgot something. "I'll be right back. I forgot something." I walked back to my locker and noticed a boy with dirty blonde hair and brown eyes. He was leaning on my locker listening to music.

"Excuse me." I said.

He opened his eyes and he looked me up and down. He was checking me out. I wanted to cover myself, but I didn't have anything, so I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Can I get to my locker?" I said growing impatient.

"Actually, how about you and me go to the coffee shop across the street." he said.

"Actually, I want to get to my locker and get my stuff and go back to class. So can you leave me alone." I spat back. I was pissed. Why couldn't he just buzz off?

"You heard her. Back off." said a voice behind me. I gulped when I realized it was Zayn. This was the first time that we were alone.

The blonde guy shrugged and kept on walking, probably off to pick up another girl.

"Are you ok?" Zayn asked worry in his eyes.

"Yeah, thanks." I replied. I unlocked the combination and opened my locker. I grabbed my iPod and slipped it in my pocket.

"You came all the way back to your locker to get your iPod?" he asked sounding shocked.

"Of course, I can't live without it." I said with a smile.

We headed back to 1st period.

"You're late Ms. Green and Mr. Malik." said our teacher Mrs. Parker.

I rolled my eyes and said "Sorry, Zayn got lost and I had to escort him to the classroom." I smirked and walked back to my seat. While I walked there, I heard a lot of whispering which included "what if they are going out?", "what if they were snogging?" , "why did they come together to class and that too late."

I rolled my eyes at their stupid remarks. Why would Zayn and I go out? We were just friends. Would it be like this if I really did go out with Zayn? Wait, what about Zayn? I bet he was hearing all the rumors while going to his seat. What did he think about them? Wait, why do I even care? They can spread as many rumors as they want, but it didn't affect me at all...or did it?