Chapter 13: Delirious

There are five words to describe my condition today.  And they were:

I am not feeling good.

For one thing, I was shaking all over, and I couldn't do anything about it because I was handcuffed.  It was cold, and my shoulder throbbed worse than ever.  My head and body ached, and I was sure, so sure that my fever was reaching a different height now.

It was weird, to actually see the sun shine again, I mean 2 days under a sewer was enough for me to think that even in the day, the sun did not choose to shine.  But now, seeing the light and feeling it's heat enter the car made me feel like I was some kinda vampire allergic to it, even by now, my eyes were starting to hurt.

Hot tears spilled through my eyes, and my breath was foul, I mean, days and days of no tooth brushing or even gargling was enough to make your mouth smell worse than a garbage can, how much more me? No food for hours, and a high fever that's making me sweat and freeze at the same time.  Not to mention, I haven't changed my clothes or bathed for days.  It feels disgusting to be clothed in my dried blood, including probably Luther's blood.

I moaned, as I felt my stomach churn and groan unhappily.  I smelled bad I noticed, but not really bad in a zombie manner, but bad in a way that I seriously seriously needed a bath.

"Adrian," Kit Kat said softly, "Caleb does not look so good."

Adrian glanced back and then he looked forward again.  "Take off the handcuffs off him then-"

"No," I whispered, shaking like crazy.  Why was it so cold all of a sudden? And my joints, my body, it ached so badly. 

"Don't," I said weakly, "Don't do it."

I didn't want to risk the fact that I actually might turn into a hunger crazed zombie and attack them one by one and probably do the thing I dread the most, and that's eat them all up til my hunger for flesh would be satisfied.  Wait, did zombies even feel satisfaction once they finished a meal up?

"Adrian, I'll be at the back." Kit Kat said, moving from her front seat to mine.

"Stay away from me..." Was what I told her when she moved in close to me, sharing her body's heat.

Kit Kat wrapped her arms around me till it felt like we were completely intertwined with each other.

I sighed in relief as I felt her heat seep into my cold body. 

"You don't have to do this," I mumbled, forcing every word to get out my mouth, since I liked it so much when Kit Kat and I were at this position, it felt peaceful, safe...and it was nice when we cuddled because I always loved to look at her clear blue eyes that gave the same message that my eyes always gave when I looked at her, and if translated into words they would say I love you, and nothing will change that.

She leaned against my chest, her breathing slowed.  She then looked up at me, and slowly, so slowly, like how mom usually does it when I was sick, Kit Kat kissed my forehead, tears spilling out of her eyes.  "Your fever, it's too high,"

I laughed weakly.  "You don't say?" I then gave a hoarse cough, I guess my body was gonna give in after all.

"Adrian, Caleb needs a hospital, his shoulder wound is not healing and he's fever is way too high already."

"It's okay, it's really okay, I can't get through this..." I said, my voice trailing away.  Dang, I was even to weak to think of any other response except just leave me like this, I'll die anyway.

Adrian sighed, "Your right Kit Kat, but don't you think that all the hospitals in New York have been overrun by those things?"

Kit Kat wiped her tears.  "Then we have to stop by some house Adrian, we can't go on like this, we haven't eaten, we have no weapons, Caleb is sick and you'll all have to agree that we are starting to stink,"