Chapter 22: Bipolar?

It was still raining, and it hasn't improved at any rate.  We were damp, and that includes me as the most affected, since here I am trying to dry myself to the extent that I took off my shirt and squeezed the water out of it, but I didn't continue doing that because logically where would the water go now? Obviously, towards my oh so dry seat, and all the more will I stay wet when the water ends up falling there.  So here I am, pouting and a little annoyed that I couldn't do anything in my power to improve my situation. 

More lightning and thunder boomed across the sky making the road we were traveling too muddy and hard to come across.  Not to mention, it also started to affect each and everybody's mood inside this gloomy police car, that we all decided to shut up and listen to the radio.

Yes, we were now listening to that radio station Mikael suggested before he pulled the trigger to his death.  And we've been waiting and waiting but nothing was coming out, in fact it was just pure static, static! Can you believe that? And the worse part? It dampened our moods all the more.  I mean, what if Connor's convoy is actually passing by here because he probably thought of changing his plans? Then technically,  we'll miss this opportunity to not die and travel all the way to this lake because this effed up station has just gone static when the rain started to pour harder!

Dear me Lord, why has everything turned so hard all of a sudden?

"I'm gonna doze off for awhile," Adrian stated, now zipping his jacket, he pulled his legs up, and closed his eyes.

I just nodded, somehow glad that Adrian disrupted this piercing silence even if it was short lived.  Because by the time that Adrian stopped moving, I knew the silence was to return and create the awkward atmosphere of complete and utter quiet again that I think I wouldn't make it to the lake still sane.

Kit Kat sped forward, eying the gas meter out.  Why was she looking at the gas meter in that manner anyway? Like look out, a cannon ball is heading straight towards you!

I glanced at the gas meter and ended up gaping at it, not believing what I seeing.  It was dropping...and that wasn't a good sign at all.  I guess we'd only be able to make 1-3 miles maximum if we don't find a gasoline station asap.  And that would lead us to walk or more likely to run those miles towards that lake under the rain if we don't fill this car in with some gas.

Kit Kat pursed her lips and looked at me.  "Were going to have to stop by some gasoline station Caleb,"

"It'll be hard, we're not in the main roads, this lake...I know this lake like the back of my palm.  And at Thompson lake, that's kinda impossible to find any kind of gas station there-"

"Don't," Kit Kat stated firmly, cutting me off.  "Do not tell me that it's impossible to find a gasoline station Caleb, I don't want to believe any of it."

I just sighed, grateful that I had a girl friend who was determined to not accept defeat yet.  Because seriously, here I was again, clutching to whatever hope I could hold unto.

"So which direction to the nearest gasoline station Caleb?" Ki Kat asked.

I shook my head, desperate for my brain to help me recall where it was.  "I actually might sound crazy...but I don't think we need to stop by some gasoline station anymore."

Kit Kat laughed, but it wasn't a laugh that meant she found whatever I was saying was funny, it was a laugh that sounded like, can you believe his guts? "Don't joke around like that please, I would want to reach the lake in this car thank you,"

I was about to retort my response until Adrian cut me to it, well, who knew he wasn't asleep at all?  "Thompson lake is about roughly four miles, and the gas meter says we can still make it 'til 3 miles maximum, so no worries."