Chapter 16: Desire

"Will you get that thing out of here?!" Kit Kat asked, yelling in what seemed like irritated fury. 

As to what she was referring to, it's probably the dead zombie sitting beside me, its head was swaying loosely like a doll without a backbone, and the dagger was still positioned at the top of its head, as for the blood, well, it's all dried up.  And the smell, wow, it was as worse than ever that I'm wondering how I was able to get through that without dying yet, I guess, I'm just used to it now.

I glanced back, and bit my mouth from laughing again, just a while ago, my stomach started to hurt real badly because of all the laughing that Adrian and I did.  Like after all the tension died between all of us, and we were rest assured that no zombies were following our trail, Adrian and I burst out laughing like crack heads. 

I mean, who wouldn't? Kit Kat's face said it all, geez, that look was the funniest look I've ever seen in ages! And how her wide blue eyes went wider after she screamed was so epically funny that I started to snicker, including Adrian.

"A-alright," I said shakily, trying to form a sentence without guffawing.  "Kit Kat-I mean, Adrian, will you do t-the favor of-" And then I laughed again, Adrian joining me as tears started to stream down my face and I hit the steering wheel with my fist.  Dang, I just cannot unsee that, like seriously, the image of her yelping like she's a total goner will always burn at the back of my head. 

Behind me, Kit Kat started to growl.

"Okay, okay," I breathed in, trying to stop the perking feeling at my gut as I swerved to another road.  "I'll stop, I promise, I'm sorry." I said shakily, as I tried to push the laughing down. 

"Adrian, kindly take the policezombie outta here," I said, trying my best to think of other things to distract me from Kit Kat's expression when she saw that zombie, sitting beside me, it's mouth wide open and it's eyes rolled up on his head.  Oh no, what have I done?

I sucked in a whole lot of air, and hugged my stomach, trying to contain the laughing that was starting to chug my throat and my chest.  I promised not to laugh anymore, and breaking that promise would be totally insincere of me, so I bit my tongue as hard as I could.

"Athian, I thed thake the thombie owt ofth theer."

Adrian burst out laughing and so did Kit Kat.  Wait, why were they laughing? Was it because of something I said?

And it was then did I realize that they were actually laughing at me; I pulled my tongue back in, and frowned.  Geez, I think I'll just do this myself.

I parked my car at the side of the side of the road, which I really didn't get why I did, I mean, since this world was officially filled with these things, somehow rules and regulations that were related to traffic, didn't bug me anymore, and out of common courtesy, this policezombie over here would've wanted that I probably showed his dead body some respect, so, being the good person I am, I actually decided to just dump his body at the side of the road, because technically, if I was this dude, I'd suggest the same thing, anyway.

First of all, to not attract any attention from our sleepwalkers a.k.a the zombies, I shushed both Kit Kat and Adrian, since they were starting to laugh their pants off, and they obeyed this time, which I guess was a good thing, I then turned to the dead zombie beside me, made a resigned sigh, pulled out the dagger from his head, making more blood pour out of his head, but I didn't flinch away the way Kit Kat did, I mean, I've actually seen worse.

I then checked our surroundings, and when the coast was clear, I held my dagger at a defensive position, opened the zombie's door which was at his right, and I pushed it, causing only the half of his body to fall out of the car but unfortunately for me, its limbs stayed where it was.  I sighed, trying to get out from my seat until Adrian stopped me, an apologetic smile on his face.