Chapter 5: Memory

(AN: I am finally done editing, lol, sorry again for those who were inconvenienced.  But chapter's 6 and to what not, will not be touched, since it was already edited...or maybe not, lol, my advice for this chapter: Enjoy!)

When I opened my eyes, everything seemed to be on fire, including me.  But I shook off whatever my eyes were trying to project to me.  I mean, the last thing I even ever wanted was to die because I imagined myself getting burned to death

Those things–zombies, or whatever Adrian calls them.  They were already here, and that wasn’t a good thing, it normally wasn’t a good thing.  Those zombies now had a chance on us, with Kit Kat and Adrian sprawled on the ground and the idea that we had to maybe carry them if they won’t wake themselves up now was tiring in a thought itself, which reminds me…Luther!

I sighed in relief, like literally I did.  Fortunately enough, Luther was finally up and going, and as expected, he was shooting each one of them down frantically.  Funny though, how I couldn’t really hear the gun shots or whatever he was yelling to me…or was he? I’m not sure, his eyes were set on me and he was making hand signs that must’ve meant get away from here, but then again, as I said earlier, I wasn’t sure.  Blame the head, it made thinking progress very slowly. 

But I guess I wasn’t slow enough to be able to read his mouth because at one way or another, whatever he was trying to tell me made sense...and yeah, I guess he was referring to me all this time because obviously, I was the only one who wasn’t unconscious...so yes, he also might actually be yelling my name.

I looked around, gathered any kind of info my head was trying to make me understand, because seriously, everything was still swaying.  The smell penetrated my nose, bringing me back to my senses, filling my mind with instructions as to what I should even be doing right now.  Why didn’t I get the memo when my eyes said that those zombies were already here, anyway?

I hurriedly scrambled, not minding the pain at my back or my entire body.  What mattered now was KIt Kat and Adrian...Adrian! My eyes suddenly searched for him over the heaping flames that it caused my eyes to tear and hurt due to too much heat. 

I relaxed when I spotted a body curled over beside Luther, and of course I wasn't that dumb to not recognize my brother as the curled up body.  And as for the explanation for Adrian's position, I guess Luther jumped and covered him before the freak car explosion.  Yup, that was it.

Luther kicked Adrian on his side and Adrian, who seemed to notice that somebody actually dared to kick him that hard, aside from me of course, he sprang up with the utmost attention on his face. 

He blinked and rubbed his eyes, and after that, his eyes grew wide with fright as he saw those things surrounding us, leaving us with nowhere to escape to, I mean all we had now was the forest at each side of the road, but even going there made all of us feel hesitant too, I mean who would head to a forest at night with those things that wouldn't stop for a second thought of tearing off your insides and eating them raw?

How did their number even grow that fast, anyway?

Adrian looked at me, and he seemed like he was screaming and pointing at me frantically.  Dang, what was he saying? Why did he look like something dangerous was gonna happen…unless, I turned around and saw that thing, that most disgusting thing, sniffing Kit Kat out, I guess this guy was picky, and maybe he wanted his victims alive and writhing, not the ones who were dead and not fighting back.

I yelled in fury and charged with all my strength.  And of course, that caught its attention, I mean, who wouldn’t get shocked with a madman who screams at you with all his might, and that his energy and determination to keep his girlfriend away from you was set on you, and you alone.