Election day

Still the second day of school

Hermione Granger, Gryffindor.
Running for House Prefect.

That's what she put inside the goblet of fire. She'd never thought she thought that this was how an election would run.

Just before she was about to turn to leave, she saw another slip of paper enter the goblet in a blaze.

'Why hello, my fellow gryffindor,' a moody voice told her from behind.

'Ron...' she grumbled, and reluctantly turned towards him.

'I cant believe you put your name in. You know that I wanted to be prefect. I need this.' Ron exclaimed.

'I can't believe you put your name in the goblet,' she mumbled to herself. 'Ron, I understand that you want to 'outshine' our brothers or whatever, but did you think for a second maybe I wanted to be prefect for a more vulnerable reason? Like, let's say, make our house better?'

Ron thought for a moment.
'Holy shit, he's really looking for an answer,' Hermione scoffed and pushed passed him.

Now all she had to do was wait till after dinner for the election. No way in hell was she gonna let Ron be prefect.

-

Pansy sighed as she placed her slip of paper into the goblet of fire.  She did this though while everyone else had left the hall but for Draco and Blaise.
She was the only Slytherin running for house prefect (it's not like she had to scare away any of the other Slytherins from running or anything).

'You owe me a date night,' she said to Draco, winking.

'Can't wait,' Blaise said, winking back.

'Not you, you dim-wad,' she answered with a death stare.

'Yea on second thought,' he gagged, 'wouldn't wanna be there.'

'I wouldn't either,' Draco replied in a whisper so Pansy wouldn't hear him. He hated being with Pansy alone whenever she wanted and he hated it even more that she called it date night. They weren't even dating! But he unwillingly agreed to it because he was using her to help with the plan.
No way in hell was he gonna be a prefect. How embarrassing?

-

'Vote Ron for president!' Shouted a voice through the courtyard.

'Quiet Ron!' Harry hushed, while dragging his best friend's fisted arms down, which were thrown up in the air, 'you're not even running for president... you're running for prefect.'

'What the bloody hell is the difference?' Ron scoffed in response, turning away.

-

'HERMIONE FUCKING GRANGER!' Yelled a very angry female red head, making Hermione jump up from her seat in the common room.

'Holy shiitake mushrooms what the actual heck Ginny! I was reading!' She exclaimed as she held up her book.

'You're reading, How to win an election? Is that seriously what you're doing right now when your best friend is in a crisis?' Ginny asked, taking the book and throwing it behind her.

'Ow!' Yelled someone from behind.
Ginny just rolled her eyes.

'Hey I was reading that!' Hermione said following with her eyes as the book flew. She didn't see who it hit, for Ginny was blocking the way.
Then her eyes met Ginny's, sad and betrayed. 'What's gotten you in such a mood?'