Chapter 17

Chapter 17: Surprise

*Amelia-Rose's POV*

------about 4 months pregnant-------

I went to my first sonogram and I was actually quite nervous. Ritchie took the day off and came with me.

"How are feeling Mrs. Starkey?"

"Feeling like I'm gaining a ton." I replied to the doctor.

The doctor the gel and started rubbing it on my round stomach.

"That's normal." He said as started by listening to the baby's heartbeat. "Hmmm." We heard him say low.

"What? What is?" Said Ritchie.

Next the doctor was looking at the baby in stomach that was on the screen. He pointed at two things. "See these?"

"Yes." We both replied.

"Those are two heads."

"Our baby has two heads?" Ritchie said confused. I looked just as shocked.

"What are you saying?" I said.

"Congratulations Starkey's you are having twins."

I didn't say anything. I-I couldn't I was in shock. I was unsure of another baby but now TWO. I mean yeah when I first got pregnant with twins I was excited and for this to happen again is ... One in a billion!

"What you mean twins?" I managed to let out.

"You are have two healthy babies. Twins." The doctor explained.

I looked at Ritchie who was equally in shock.

"Thank you." He said to the doctor, he helped me out of my chair as I grabbed my purse and headed out of the doctors with me. We got in the car and headed back to our house.

I opened the door to see Paul on the floor playing with Luke and Linda laughing from the couch.

"Thanks again for babysitting for us." I said to Linda and Paul who tagged along.

"I don't mind, I love Luke." She smiled looking at Luke who was on the floor crawling on top of Paul.

"So how was the appointment?" Said Paul.

I looked at Ritchie I gave him the 'you want to tell them' look.

"It went... unexpected." Ritchie said.

"What do you mean." Linda said as Paul sat up holding Luke in his arms.

"We're having twins."

"Are you serious?!" They said excited they quickly got up to hug me and congratulate us.

"So how do you feel about this twin business?" Said Paul.

"We don't know yet." I chuckled nervously.

"This is so exciting! We all have to change our gender votes now! I think you're going to have two boys." Linda said excited.

"Well I think it'll be both a boy and girl." Paul argued. "What do you guys think?"

"I think my wife caused this when we took the gender vote and she said both." Ritchie joked.

"I actually don't think both to be honest." I admitted.

"I think both." Ritchie said.

"I think maybe two girls." I said.

-----------

"I'm voting on two boys." John said.

"I'm voting two girls." Said George.

"Both." Pattie said.