Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Afraid

*Amelia's POV*

I had ran to down the hall and knocked on Pattie's door.

It took her awhile to answer but I knocked loud and rapidly. She was out of breath by the time she answered the door.

"Amelia?" She said yawning. "What are you doing here?"

"Can you watch Lukas?!" I yelled.

"Yes but what's-"

"He's taking a nap in his crib please just stay there until I get back or when the boys get back, I'll explain later I have to go!"

I ran to the elevator tapping my foot impatiently as I went down each other until I reached the lobby.

I sprinted to my car and past a few paparazzi who had no lives waiting outside our apartment building.

I drove as fast as I could until I reached University College Hospital.

"What room is Richard Starkey in? I'm his wife."

The nurse led me to room 461 where Ritchie was. I saw the lads waiting outside and as soon as I was going to ask them what happened the doctor came out of Ritchie's room.

"Is he okay!?" I asked.

"Mr. Starkey had collapsed from tonsillitis and pharyngitis and he will need to put on bed rest for a week or more."

"But we have a tour!" Paul said

"We can't cancel now." George said to Paul.

"I'm sorry boys but you will have to find another drummer for the one being. You may go in to visit him." The doctor said walking away to tend to his other patients.

I was the first one to ram through the door where I saw Ritchie fluttering his eyes open as if he was waking up from a nap.

I went to bedside and grabbed his hand.

"It's usually the other way around." He joked. "Or were usually checking in at the same time." He smiled referring the days back in high school when we used to spend nights in the hospital, coincidently at the same time, from our illnesses.

I smiled at him just thankful he was okay, for now.

"Doctor said you have to stay on bed rest." John said.

"I can still drum. I feel fine." Ritchie said worried.

"Doctors orders, Jimmie Nicol will be your temporary replacement." George spoke up.

"My replacement?" Ritchie said.

"It's only until you're healthy enough to fly to Australia and come on tour." I said putting my hand on his shoulder.

He seemed a little distant after that. Just kinda sat there quietly. I knew he wanted to just get out of bed and drum. The boys were leaving tomorrow night and of course I bet that'd bother me too if I couldn't go with my band.

John had gone to get Ritchie some records so he could listen to music and some other things he had asked for. The others went home.

"How taking care of Luke?" He asked me.

"With Pattie now but I told John to ask Cynthia if she would take care of Luke while the boys were away because Pattie's going to and I couldn't ask her to stay."

He frowned.

"Lukas will be okay with Cynthia-"

"It's not that I just don't want him to be away from me."